[PC] Call of Duty 4 or WAW?

Beef Welington

Veteran XV
thread title says it all, which should I buy right now? I've played a considerable amount of CoD4 on other peoples' PS3s including the entire single player game, so I'm leaning toward WAW since that will be a wholly new game.

Basically, CoD4 for online play vs. the complete package of WAW.

yeah, but if you've played COD before, then picking up WAW is going to feel like a re-hash of the older games anyway. COD4 is superior.

its the same game with different coats of paint.

people pick cod4 only because it isnt ww2, ie overdone

eeeeh changed my mind. Probably wouldn't enjoy either one that much. Fuck it, I'll save my money. Bioshock is only 5 bucks on steam right now.

edit: mass effect is only 26.99 so yeah that sounds better.

sure if like landing on "planets" for 30 hours straight and seeing the same 5 buildings (they didn't even bother to change the texture for each planet) over and over

Mass Effect is fun, not as good as KOTOR but it is still good.

If you do decide to get a COD game get COD4. COD:WaW I would only get if you played a bunch of COD4 and wanted more.

sure if like landing on "planets" for 30 hours straight and seeing the same 5 buildings (they didn't even bother to change the texture for each planet) over and over

going to those planets is optional though. If you just blast through the main storyline then right before the end decide to explore every single planet then yes, it will get repetitive and boring. But if you just explore them occasionally when you feel like it then it will be interesting. Besides you can just do the main storyline and still enjoy the game.

i've got both, CoD4 is better but more people are playing WaW and it's nice to have some different maps and weapons after playing CoD4 to death

:shrug:

Domination is the best gametype ever.

Domination is pretty good, but what i like best is that when you get tired of that there are so many other gametypes to choose from.

I myself like to switch between dom, HQ, and Hardcore Team Deathmatch.

Oh yea, and Sabotage is pretty bad ass also.

COD4 is simply the best game on the market..... still.

Oh yea, GAMEINFORMER gave WAW a 8.5, while COD4 got a 10 and game of the year status.

Im just not feeling WAW. I solved the single player campaign (which was pretty bad ass) but the multiplayer rank goes all the way to 65. That is just to much. I am still trying to get to the gold cross on COD4, it would take twice as long in WAW.

Hopefully COD5 won't add more levels, but just improve perks, keep it at level 55, and make it like 10 years in the future warfare.

First off, you will not go wrong with either of the COD games.
I love COD 4.
When I heard that COD 5 (5? 4.5?) was going to go back to WWII I was FURIOUS!!
I was soooo tired of WWII shooters.
But after Playing COD: WAW I am saying its is really good.
Graphically it is top notch.
I love the gameplay of both games.
Maps are great.
Honestly, I say go for COD:WAW and enjoy.

Back