Patrón is a pretty okay tequila

Don Julio is by far my favourite. Never tried Patron but I've been meaning to.
The best Patron is nowhere near even the Blanco Don Julio. Don Julio Anejo is my favorite. Don Julio REAL once a year

Last edited:
mezcal-gusano-rojo-70cl.jpg

not pretty, but effective
OMG i hope you are kidding. that shit is gasoline

I dunno why everyone hates on patron I've tried alot of tequila and its really smooth. It almost doesn't even taste like tequila. I'm sure there are other great ones out there.

I keep Jose around for dinners with more than 6-7 people so I don't break the bank on margaritas..and if your "taking shots" with lime and salt it might as well just be Jose because the lime and salt negate any taste whatsover anyway. So theres no use wasting expensive tequila on that crap.

Cabo-wabo is good, but totally overpriced. Its not a very smooth tequila at all.

1800 is a few steps above jose but not many. El jimiador is a step or two above 1800.

And frankly While Don Julio is good I can NOT discern much a difference between it and patron.

From best to worst...
Don Julio = Patron
El Jimador
1800 ~ Cabo Wabo
Jose

I'm really suprised by the cabo wabo love...because I've had it multiple times and can honestly say its not worth the price.

I don't think I've drank anything more expensive than a 50$ bottle.. But i'm not sure i could ever justify trying the true top of the line tequilas.

I dunno why everyone hates on patron I've tried alot of tequila and its really smooth. It almost doesn't even taste like tequila. I'm sure there are other great ones out there.

I keep Jose around for dinners with more than 6-7 people so I don't break the bank on margaritas..and if your "taking shots" with lime and salt it might as well just be Jose because the lime and salt negate any taste whatsover anyway. So theres no use wasting expensive tequila on that crap.

Cabo-wabo is good, but totally overpriced. Its not a very smooth tequila at all.

1800 is a few steps above jose but not many. El jimiador is a step or two above 1800.

And frankly While Don Julio is good I can NOT discern much a difference between it and patron.

From best to worst...
Don Julio = Patron
El Jimador
1800 ~ Cabo Wabo
Jose

I'm really suprised by the cabo wabo love...because I've had it multiple times and can honestly say its not worth the price.

I don't think I've drank anything more expensive than a 50$ bottle.. But i'm not sure i could ever justify trying the true top of the line tequilas.

taking shots of jose is what noobs do

it's not 100% de agave and therefore it's got coloring and flavoring which means a much worse hangover in the end

spend the extra $10 and save yourself the trouble

Patron has been the only 'pricey' and heavily advertised alcohol I've consumed and gone, "Hm... It's all pretty much spot on."

I think this is because I came out of high school doing shots of Jose or something cheaper. Shots of Patron tastes like an angel giving you a backrub... if that has a taste.

CaboWabo is excellent. I suggest you picking up a bottle of that rather than patron. Definitely way tastier if you're going to spend the money for high-end tequila.

I also enjoy tequila.

I used to drink that. Very good tequila.

so for shits last night i had some of the tequila that too $hort shills

it turned out to be quite decent - definitely prefer it over patron & most other tequilas besides a small handful out there (herradura, corazon, corralejo, tres generaciones, gran centenario, el tesoro)

decent price too

http://doslunas.com/home.asp

tequila is the one thing i can drink where i don't need a chaser or anything to follow up my shots

its just smooth i guess

yeah im a vagina i know it

I keep a bottle of this in the cabinet at all times.
don-julio-1942.jpg

/thread
Now that's what I'm talking about. I have a bottle of this, a bottle of Don Julio anejo, a Cazadores reposado, a reposado in a white/blue porcelain container that came straight from Mexico and three others that I can think of off the top of my head.

The 1942 is by far the best stuff I've had to date. The Don Julio Real from what I've heard isn't worth the money.

If you go into Mexico or South America then there is nothing better than the local tequila.

The only good tequila is from Guadalajara, Jalisco. Agave doesn't grow everywhere, and just about everyone who knows how to make good tequila is from Guadalajara. I would not suggest anyone drink a 'local' tequila from South America. You won't be drinking tequila.

Back