Patrón is a pretty okay tequila

soundjester

Veteran XV
Patrón is a pretty okay tequila

I :heart: tequila. Usually I reach for my buddy Jose (1800), but I recently acquired some Patrón Silver. I was a bit skeptical due to the "trendy" factor of the name, but it is actually quite nice.

What tequilas do you like that can be purchased state-side?

i don't know. My boss is from Mexico and he's brought back some interesting stuff. Can't get it in the ABC store in VA though.

I'm pretty sure I heard a rap song mention Patron. I think that probably stopped me from trying it sooner. Cause I am rasis.

best stuff I've had is XQ, but it's hard to find. If I buy some, it'll be correleja, milagro, or patron.

mezcal-gusano-rojo-70cl.jpg

not pretty, but effective

CaboWabo is excellent. I suggest you picking up a bottle of that rather than patron. Definitely way tastier if you're going to spend the money for high-end tequila.

I also enjoy tequila.

x whatever for don julio

when you go to real bar in mexico (excluding tijuana) that's what they serve

I :heart: tequila. Usually I reach for my buddy Jose (1800), but I recently acquired some Patrón Silver. I was a bit skeptical due to the "trendy" factor of the name, but it is actually quite nice.

What tequilas do you like that can be purchased state-side?

1800 is the most "trendy" tequila btw, and its garbage.
If you are gonna drink tequila drink resosado(rested/aged) tequila.
Silver or white are mainly for mixing, although some are great staight.
Patrons aged(gold tequila) is awesome, not sure about there silver. Don Juliio is great as well, and Cabo is nice.Three generatiions is another worth trying, but 1800 is pure shit.

Patron also makes a nice rum called Pyrat.

I've never heard of 1800 mentioned anywhere outside of a bar menu. It's an average price tequila which is probably why you see it everywhere. I don't drink it straight. My general feeling is that the mixers will overpower any so-so qualities of average stuff.

I've had Don Julio, and it is indeed good. But it, like Patron, tends to be a little out of my typical price range.

Back