[Old People] APP controlled gas valve

DocHolliday

Contributor
Veteran XX
So our neighbors wife passed recently and he is left with her parents who have been living with them for a few years now. They are 75+ and getting more and more forgetful. Before she passed one of them was always home to keep an eye on them.

Long story short they have already caught the house on fire once leaving the gas stove burner on and he has caught them leaving it on 4 times since then.

Need APP controlled gas valve that neighbor can turn on and off at will so he can protect them from themselves when he is not home.

Anyone have any experience with such a thing? I see plenty for water, but not seeing much for gas and some of the brands I am seeing I am not going to trust lives with.

We have a neighbor thats a union electrician so can easily have it hooked up to 110.

They make mechanical timers for gas log fire pits and other nonsense. Like this:
https://www.amazon.com/FireMagic-Replacement-Automatic-Timer-Safety/dp/B0062R3XGI/
61WpuSkogML._AC_SL1000_.jpg

By far the best option would be an electric stove.

app controlled might not exist

option C, can't he just install a valve and turn it off and not let them use it at all? tell them to use the microwave

derp
iguard-gas-install-600x511.png

• Patented Advanced Motion Sensor
  • 5 Minute Auto Shut Off Timer
  • Normal Stove Mode - Manual Timer
  • Audible & Visual Alerts
  • Wi-Fi Enabled
  • Remote Monitoring via Internet
  • Caregiver Lock
  • Late Night Lock
  • Child Lock
  • Insights Reporting
  • Good Morning Message
  • Daytime Activity Alerts
  • Nighttime Activity Tracking
  • Smart Phone Text Alerts - Subscription Required
  • Access to Multiple iGuardStoves
  • Emergency Personal Response
  • Room Temperature Monitor
  • Firmware updates
  • Unburned/Leaking Gas Detection

I use iGuardFire on my old gas valve 'cuz it's gettin' leaky in my old age. I ain't no whippersnapper but I do know technology and I know my way around a damn app. So, it has helped me add the control I need back into my life and britches and helped get me back my dignity.

I have an electric stove and I can set a timer for each component. Every time I use the stove I use the timer just to start training myself...

i say give them tactical nukes and just get it over with

if ur gonna burn up, flash fry and do it right man

I worked in an iron mill for 60 years. I flew spitfires over Germany in WWII. I captained a submarine in the civil war. I'll be god damned if anyone is gonna try to take away my gas stove.

Back