[Official] NHL free agency

fuck im fucking mad

what the fuck is so great about fucking detroit god dammit
i dont know how its possible but the oilers HAVE to make it further than detroit this year

also, rumor is the rangers are going in a diff direction with jagr...this might leave the door open for the penguins to sign him

rags rumored to be going after demitra

lol i am pretty sure Jagr and his salary being somewhere else has been their direction for 4 years. This is just the first time other teams seem desperate enough to take that fool of the Rangers hands for them.

Going back to the Ottawa signings:

Kelly for 2.2 million
Donovan for 625k
Ruutu for 1.2 million

Brian Murray is picking up roster players on the cheap, while everyone else goes out and spends their zillions on Campbell, Redden and Hainsey. I predict that he's going to make some big move next though.

Anyone think this is fair value for Bouwmeester?

Vermette, Meszaros, Nikulin, Neil, 1st '09, 3rd '10 (picks conditional on signing)

We should be able to sign Bouwmeester for ~7 million for 6 years. Do you think Florida would roll with that? Some people want star players going in return, but looking at their roster, they would be far better off with younger players, picks and then have them tank.

The lightning can't afford him can they? my god. Was their team payed by how many goals they scored last year or something?.

Penguins have lost:

Hossa
Malone
Roberts
Hall
Conklin
Laraque
Ruutu

They are going to be in trouble this year. They should of traded Malkin for some serious roster players and resigned hossa. They could of had big returns for trades on gonchar and malkin.

Oh and on jay bo. I think the flyers have offered them a trade. Holmgren was apparently locked away in his office all day today talking to them for a possible trade.

Last edited:
Is Naslund even a prize anymore? He has scored less pts 5 years in a row and got bumped from Vancouvers Top PP line. He has never been any good defensively so it is hard to really make him work.

i don't agree at all about Malkin. They needed to keep him. They will still be able to field 2 really powerful lines. Hossa was always a luxury on this team and no one had any real expectation of him sticking around.

All of these big names being thrown around for Pittsburgh seem a little off target to me. I would much more expect to see them go after a guy like Demitra.

I think the flyers have offered them a trade. Holmgren was apparently locked away in his office all day today talking to them for a possible trade.

Not sure what the Flyers can really offer up for him. I would love to see him on the team but Knuble seems like their most tradeable guy but that is not a fair trade. They would have to wipe out the whole farm system.

im surprised orpik resigned w/ the pens.. i know someone whos friends w/ orpik's father and he told me orpik wanted out of pitt b/c of crosbys shit attitude and me me me personality

Is Naslund even a prize anymore? He has scored less pts 5 years in a row and got bumped from Vancouvers Top PP line. He has never been any good defensively so it is hard to really make him work.

Naslund is a pretty good player, but it's a bit of a hopeless case in Vancouver. The team was built with no solid direction and he never played with any quality guys. He was also signed to a 6 million dollar contract, and he couldn't live up to that, but if he played on the 2nd line as a complimentary player, he'd be way better off. Example:

Naslund-Vermette-Alfredsson, on that line he'd be a 78-85 point guy easily. He just has to sign with the right team.

Not sure what the Flyers can really offer up for him. I would love to see him on the team but Knuble seems like their most tradeable guy but that is not a fair trade. They would have to wipe out the whole farm system.

They want carter

Naslund is a pretty good player, but it's a bit of a hopeless case in Vancouver. The team was built with no solid direction and he never played with any quality guys. He was also signed to a 6 million dollar contract, and he couldn't live up to that, but if he played on the 2nd line as a complimentary player, he'd be way better off. Example:

Naslund-Vermette-Alfredsson, on that line he'd be a 78-85 point guy easily. He just has to sign with the right team.

Yeah I am on the same page with you here. I think if people understand that he is a solid 2nd rate scorer they wont be disappointed. If they are hoping for a repeat of that year before the lockout they will be sad.

gweedo said:
they want Carter.
hehe I am sure they do but they would have to get Boumeister signed 3 years at an equally bargain rate for that to make sense.

I doubt jay bo will go for more than 5 million a season. If thats the case then homer wont trade for him

fuck im fucking mad

what the fuck is so great about fucking detroit god dammit
i dont know how its possible but the oilers HAVE to make it further than detroit this year

Management
Staff
Consistency
The owner

Sure the city sucks but the Wings are a 1st Class top notch organization. Hossa himself said he could have went elsewhere for more money, but he wants the Cup, and figured Detroit is his best chance. I am sure there are other players wishing Detroit would have went after them....

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080702/BLOG09/80702064
I’m really happy to become Detroit Red Wing,” Hossa said. “It’s a big decision for me I have to make. When I look at it, I wanted to have the best chance to win the Stanley Cup. I feel Detroit is the team. They’ve got a great team. I know I could get more money somewhere else, but I was looking for best chance to win Stanley Cup, and I think Detroit is that destination.”

Last edited:
Burke: High salaries are Lowe's fault

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=242347&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_main
"You go right now from entry-level to what used to be the third contract, thanks to two offer sheets from Kevin Lowe," Burke said to the Times.

"I was not notified of this until an agent faxed it into us," Burke told Canadian Press in July. "I thought Kevin would have called me and told me it was coming. I thought that was gutless."

Fuck off Lowe! Take your offer sheets and shove them up your ass.

This is the big problem with the CBA. At least before the lockout you could count on keeping your good young guys until they were unrestricted. Now? Guys like Phaneuf have to get paid money to fend off offer sheets from vultures who can't draft their own talent.

Last edited:
Yep, the whole restricted thing should be abolished. There is no need for it in the NHL. It didn't work how they thought it would. It allows big market teams to take away talent from small market teams. They need to completly rid of it. Just change it so you cannot recieve an offer sheet unless you have played a minimum of 5 years in the NHL

pens resigned fleury to a deal....6 yr/33 mil

edit: it also appears that a lot of teams are trying to acquire ryan whitney via trade. buffalo, ottawa and SJ have all asked about a trade...shero might make a move if they cannot sign naslund or jagr

Last edited:
Back