[Official] NHL free agency

pens are trying to go after matt cook from WAS as well.

a kennedy-talbot-cook 3rd line would be super solid...high energy with some skill

edit: i think tyler kennedy will be able to fill a scoring role in a year or 2. he is really skilled with a great shot.

Interesting. I can see why San Jose might want him, but I don't see how it would really benefit their game. They already play a game that is strong defensively. What they really need is exactly what they lost: A skating defenseman with good breakout and transition ability. The only two that come immediately to mind from Pittsburgh are Gonchar and Letang(I always liked him).

letang is a great transition player. We still have him for a bit though.

yah...i like tanger's game a lot. i think he will be able to fill some production when gonchar goes. goligoski will be a great NHL player as well. just depends on when the penguins can bring him in

He's a stay at home physical type. You may remember him from the Finals when he went on that nutty hitting spree for one shift. He hit like 5 Wings in the span of about 45 seconds in one of the games in Pitt and the fans went nuts.

I didn't see much of him outside the playoffs though.

Oooh yeah. I remember that shift. That's the kind of player I wouldn't mind seeing in Anaheim for the right price (and a different season)

tyler kennedy will be able to fill a scoring role in a year or 2. he is really skilled with a great shot.

true the fuck that.

I dont think they will put stall on a line with malkin and hose their third line. also stall is really a special teams guy

yah...but staal will score 30 goals this year if he plays on the 2nd or even 1st line. he is gonna take over malone's spot in front on the PP and will continue to be a stud on PK.

edit: ive heard that he has vocalized his disgust as playing as a third line center and that he wants a bigger role on the team. well see come september.

Last edited:

he increased his salary with that shift alone

edit: pens have a superskilled defenseman in their farm system named alex gologoski. they might be letting defensemen go to try to get him into the starting 6 this year

What a mouth full for the play-by-play guy.

"Gologoski has the puck. He passes it to Letang. Back to Gologoski. Goloso... you know what? Fuck it. I'm going him Goski from now on. Goski skates it into the zone..."

yah...but staal will score 30 goals this year if he plays on the 2nd or even 1st line. he is gonna take over malone's spot in front on the PP and will continue to be a stud on PK.

he is not a winger though, you saw how much malkins game gets fucked when he plays wing, I think it would be the same for jordan

What a mouth full for the play-by-play guy.

"Gologoski has the puck. He passes it to Letang. Back to Gologoski. Goloso... you know what? Fuck it. I'm going him Goski from now on. Goski skates it into the zone..."

That guy is my father. I think he will be able to handle it.

:)

staal has said that he doesnt want to play third line center tho. he wants a bigger role on the team...give it to him. staal's game is a lot different than malkins. geno is a puck possession guy that needs to have the puck on his stick. staal is more positioning and strength down low. i think they would work well together on a line.

dont forget staal played a lot on the wing during his rookie year when he scored 29 goals.

staal has said that he doesnt want to play third line center tho. he wants a bigger role on the team...give it to him. staal's game is a lot different than malkins. geno is a puck possession guy that needs to have the puck on his stick. staal is more positioning and strength down low. i think they would work well together on a line.

dont forget staal played a lot on the wing during his rookie year when he scored 29 goals.

you are right about that, a bunch of those goals were SH and PP goals though.

yah he had 7 shorties and 4 PP goals...still think he would be a better fit on the 2nd line....but what do i know :shrug:

Back