[Official] NHL 2013 Super Ultimate Mega Thread Extreme

Arena. An arena is for small indoor events and aren't often open air. A stadium is for large outdoor events and are almost all open air.

Go rape some more grandmothers instead of pretending you know anything about sports.

It was Chicago stadium people call it stadium here. Chill man u have some strange anger over me.

Even thougoh enclosed, dome stadiums are called stadiums because they are large enough for, and designed for, what are generally considered to be outdoor sports such as athletics, American football, soccer, rugby and baseball. Those designed for what are usually indoor sports like basketball, ice hockey and volleyball are generally called arenas. Exceptions include the basketball arena at Duke University, which is called Cameron Indoor Stadium, Red Bull Arena, which is home of the New York Red Bulls of MLS, and the now-demolished Chicago Stadium, former home of the Chicago Blackhawks of the NHL and Chicago Bulls of the NBA.

Lol xcursion just owned himself not realizing in Chicago it is acceptable to call it stadium especially for hockey, dood is always raging tho

Even thougoh enclosed, dome stadiums are called stadiums because they are large enough for, and designed for, what are generally considered to be outdoor sports such as athletics, American football, soccer, rugby and baseball. Those designed for what are usually indoor sports like basketball, ice hockey and volleyball are generally called arenas. Exceptions include the basketball arena at Duke University, which is called Cameron Indoor Stadium, Red Bull Arena, which is home of the New York Red Bulls of MLS, and the now-demolished Chicago Stadium, former home of the Chicago Blackhawks of the NHL and Chicago Bulls of the NBA.

Lol xcursion just owned himself not realizing in Chicago it is acceptable to call it stadium especially for hockey, dood is always raging tho

Over half of what you put there was copied, the rest was in broken English. Please try to say you were in the "stadium" when you weren't in the place called Chicago Stadium in 2003. It was already demolished.

Now here's a little help for you:
Introduction-History | United Center

In 1988, William Wirtz, owner of the Chicago Blackhawks, and Jerry Reinsdorf, majority owner and Team Chairman of the Chicago Bulls, formed a new partnership to create an arena that would take sports and entertainment into the 21st century.

The United Center, home to the Chicago Blackhawks and Chicago Bulls, is the largest arena in the United States. Construction was begun in April of 1992, with the ribbon cutting ceremony being held on August 18, 1994.

Anyways, I hope the bruins win. They are going to have to figure out the hawks quick though, because it seems like chicago has figured out how to play them.

xcursion didn't know it was called the chicago stadium before and than had to backpeddle because he insists on being a know it all/nitpick on every subject

pretty funny 2 c him backpeddle + rage LMAO

Next page: Xcursion helpfully corrects a Bruins fan's use of the term garden, reminding him that it refers to "a plot of ground, usually near a house, where flowers, shrubs, vegetables, fruits, or herbs are cultivated," not a location for a hockey game, which should be called an "arena."

Are you sure it wasn't stacking up excellent draft picks over the course of TEN YEARS of not making the playoffs (aside from the 2001-02 season) that made you such a "strong, deep organization?"

They are a great team, so are the penguins. With half a brain and enough good draft picks you can build a cup team. Chicago has done a solid job, but don't sit there and talk to me about their "organization." That is like saying the penguins are an incredible organization for picking crosby and malkin, because those were such tough decisions. They sucked ass for a long time and were rewarded for it with draft picks.

The last team I would bother defending is the red wings, they are hockey royalty and aren't worth my team. The numbers don't lie.

:gayfight:
Getting rid of the kike (Wirtz) meant that you had new owners willing to spend a few bucks, and not the usual profit hound. Bringing in genius like Scotty Bowman - without a doubt the greatest hockey mind of all time, a man who has won .. 11 Stanleys with Montreal, Detroit and now Chicago, meant that you had new owners willing to make Chicago competitive, and on their way to another Stanley. :)

xcursion didn't know it was called the chicago stadium before and than had to backpeddle because he insists on being a know it all/nitpick on every subject

pretty funny 2 c him backpeddle + rage LMAO

Except I already knew about Chicago Stadium. You weren't in that building. You were in United Center. Both are arenas, but only one was called Chicago Stadium.

Next page: Xcursion helpfully corrects a Bruins fan's use of the term garden, reminding him that it refers to "a plot of ground, usually near a house, where flowers, shrubs, vegetables, fruits, or herbs are cultivated," not a location for a hockey game, which should be called an "arena."

Totally. I never once attended a game at Maple Leaf Gardens. Nor have there been many arenas with the name Garden or Gardens in the name of the building. Not to mention Boston Garden never had fog issues, especially during the playoffs. It also wasn't built before rink dimensions were standardized and had a smaller ice surface and odd bench configurations. I go to a garden for fresh veggies, not for hockey.

Getting rid of the kike (Wirtz) meant that you had new owners willing to spend a few bucks, and not the usual profit hound. Bringing in genius like Scotty Bowman - without a doubt the greatest hockey mind of all time, a man who has won .. 11 Stanleys with Montreal, Detroit and now Chicago, meant that you had new owners willing to make Chicago competitive, and on their way to another Stanley. :)

You're an idiot in everything you said. The Wirtz family still owns the team. Dale Tallon was the one instrumental with rebuilding the team, not Bowman. Unfortunately, Tallon fucked up with qualifying offers to RFAs and had to overpay them before he was forced to step down, but he build the Cup winning team.

I would agree with that, all of those high draft picks certainly didn't hurt though.

ugh, as a coach, I can't stand this. Kids need to be commended when they do something well and called out when they don't. My team is 14-0 this year and I still have 4 kids who cry when they strike out. 4 kids who's parents put them on pedestals and make excuses whenever their kids fuck up and if you try to teach the kid how to do it better, they get all pissy because their child did nothing wrong.
i'm assuming your coaching boys. they respond well to a challenge.

and as a coach with a decade of experience i think it's okay to ignore the parents as much as possible, especially the ones that complain; they never help out and almost no one likes them anyway.

Last edited:
I just realize I setup a first date for Wednesday, they better win tonight otherwise I might be real busy Wednesday and have to cancel

Go hawk!

Stadium

The ice is always shitty at the United Center/Garden. For a team that's built on speed and puck-possession you'd think someone would talk to the [strike]grounds[/strike] stadium-crew about the oft shitty surface.

edit: also apparently Bergeron is gonna try to give it a go at gametime warmups.

Last edited:
Back