[Official] NHL 2013 Super Ultimate Mega Thread Extreme

meh, I was happy to see the wings go as far as they did. It's a transition year so I didn't even expect them to make the playoffs. I'm just happy the rookies got some valuable playoff experience. I would have preferred them to lose to someone other than chicago, but it's all good.

Soggy, most hawks fans you have encountered are obviously new, bandwagon ones, including the ones that have a grand to drop on the lower bowl tickets and another hundred in order to get plowed. You get a lot of new population in a city that has a GDP on par with Belgium. $Bill Wirtz did a great job of alienating an entire city of rabid fans, and after his death is what got us to having the strongest, deepest organization from top to bottom today. The old-school fans don't give a fuck, they're happy to be in a flourishing city, full of fans that are new and old, loud and quiet, bandwagon and zealot.

In Boston, a little town of automatons, it's easy to train them to make noise whenever they see a bright light or a sniff of territorial violence. Enjoy your, armchair, rose colored hoot and holler analysis of your team, and red herring attack on it's opposition's fans because the Bruins are getting outclassed.

Note: All-World, Norris Trophy, Marfan Syndrome Zdeno Chara was on the ice for both goals in G5, and 5 of 6 in G4: That's 7 of the last 8 goals against your all-star goaltender, and "shut-down" defenseman.

I live in Chicago all the Mich state/ umich alumni end up coming here because they cant find a job in Detroit

Detroit is a total shithole

All their fans walk around with redwings jerseys and mich state flags

I never see them cheer for lions or pistons etc

They are all bandwagon dbags too if happens everywhere

What trojan just said is totally true also

Soggy just turned on the series to watch the redwings for the first time all year and found out they already got beat

10 pages ago everyone was talking about how he was a hockey god, wha happened?

MqZJOIr.gif

Bill Wirtz did a great job of alienating an entire city of rabid fans, and after his death is what got us to having the strongest, deepest organization from top to bottom today.

Are you sure it wasn't stacking up excellent draft picks over the course of TEN YEARS of not making the playoffs (aside from the 2001-02 season) that made you such a "strong, deep organization?"

They are a great team, so are the penguins. With half a brain and enough good draft picks you can build a cup team. Chicago has done a solid job, but don't sit there and talk to me about their "organization." That is like saying the penguins are an incredible organization for picking crosby and malkin, because those were such tough decisions. They sucked ass for a long time and were rewarded for it with draft picks.

The last team I would bother defending is the red wings, they are hockey royalty and aren't worth my team. The numbers don't lie.

:gayfight:

Nevermind, I thought you maybe knew something about hockey, but I was wrong.

You're comparing a team who built a dynasty with a limitless budget of pizza money to an organization that was called the worst franchise in sports and 5 years later won a championship in the salary cap era. (Who does Bowman work for now?)

I know you're trolling RE: draft picks comment (lol EDM). Enjoy the (easy) Eastern Conference -- see you in 4 years when DET limps into the post season again.

Are you sure it wasn't stacking up excellent draft picks over the course of TEN YEARS of not making the playoffs (aside from the 2001-02 season) that made you such a "strong, deep organization?"

They are a great team, so are the penguins. With half a brain and enough good draft picks you can build a cup team. Chicago has done a solid job, but don't sit there and talk to me about their "organization." That is like saying the penguins are an incredible organization for picking crosby and malkin, because those were such tough decisions. They sucked ass for a long time and were rewarded for it with draft picks.

The last team I would bother defending is the red wings, they are hockey royalty and aren't worth my team. The numbers don't lie.

:gayfight:

Bill Wirtz was a terrible owner that refused to sell local broadcast rights as a way of trying to force fans to the arena. He also briefly tried to gouge fans for a $30/month subscription to watch Hawks games back in the 90s. There were no Hawks games brodcast for some 15 years until he died and his sons took over.

Nevermind, I thought you maybe knew something about hockey, but I was wrong.

You're comparing a team who built a dynasty with a limitless budget of pizza money to an organization that was called the worst franchise in sports and 5 years later won a championship in the salary cap era. (Who does Bowman work for now?)

I know you're trolling RE: draft picks comment (lol EDM). Enjoy the (easy) Eastern Conference -- see you in 4 years when DET limps into the post season again.

Dynasty? ok. One cup, if you get two, cool. Two in 50+ years, good for you.

I'm not worried about detroit, the move to the east will just make their travel easier on them. If they don't make the playoffs for a couple years, that's ok too. I didn't expect them to make it this year, it was just bonus time.

Dynasty? ok. One cup, if you get two, cool. Two in 50+ years, good for you.

I'm not worried about detroit, the move to the east will just make their travel easier on them. If they don't make the playoffs for a couple years, that's ok too. I didn't expect them to make it this year, it was just bonus time.

He called Detroit the dynasty... They're the ones owned by the Little Caesars founder.

I was at a game 2003 with my dad who had a box at united center. Back then anyone could get a box because it was so cheap. When we went to the game the entire stadium was empty outside of diehard fans that sat near glass if you had tickets in any lower section you could go to glass because no one cared and it was empty for most part. The only other people there were corporate box people that went for drinking and food.

No one could watch games on TV if they were at home.

It just so happened that our box was next to BIll WIrtz personal box. The second the guy stepped out of he box onto the patio part from behind glass he was booed and people threw shit at him and heckled him. He lasted outside for two minutes.

A few kids asked their parents why everyone hated him. Blackhawks were probably the worst franchise in sports 6 years ago.

I was at a game 2003 with my dad who had a box at united center. Back then anyone could get a box because it was so cheap. When we went to the game the entire stadium was empty outside of diehard fans that sat near glass if you had tickets in any lower section you could go to glass because no one cared and it was empty for most part.

Arena. An arena is for small indoor events and aren't often open air. A stadium is for large outdoor events and are almost all open air.

Go rape some more grandmothers instead of pretending you know anything about sports.

Back