[Official] New League of Legends MEGATHREAD

Loot (crafting/drops) released today.

We CS:GO now boys.

totally thought you were joking but its true.

I really hate how games pull all these tricks with multiple currencies to obfuscate what stuff actually costs or how long it takes to earn. I'm curious how much you'll actually get from this if you never pay for anything?

Like every 20 games on average you'll earn enough for a cheap skin or something?

When I was on the PBE initially for this it seemed like the "cheap stuff" was simply a skin "rental", like you could only have it for seven days or something to that effect. And would cost a lot more for a permanent unlock. Not sure if that is it now, that's just what I saw tinkering with... Hextech boxes I think they call them. I suspect this is the most likely future for F2P cash shops.

I really hate how games pull all these tricks with multiple currencies to obfuscate what stuff actually costs or how long it takes to earn. I'm curious how much you'll actually get from this if you never pay for anything?

Like every 20 games on average you'll earn enough for a cheap skin or something?

Well if you never bought riot points, you would never unlock a skin. I'd say this new system is a lot better.

im amazed rito did this crafting thing tbh... u can basically access everything in the game for free now. i cant think of any other F2P game that lets u get the cosmetic shit free too.

I'm sure the "grind" to get stuff is "just right", long enough to keep you playing but short enough to give the illusion of resonable progress.

I can't imagine they would do this unless this was sort of an effort to get subs up because they're dipping or something. It is pretty cool, but I doubt they woke up and said "hey lets undercut our own sales".

im amazed rito did this crafting thing tbh... u can basically access everything in the game for free now. i cant think of any other F2P game that lets u get the cosmetic shit free too.

If you factor in the sheer amount of champions, skins, ward skins, summoner icons, etc. getting something you want would have a pretty low probability of happening. Yeah it is free but getting something you don't want?

Also unsure of the actual "drop rate". I usually play 1 - 3 games a night since the crafting system went in, I got three key fragments in about four days. Took about another week after to get another three fragments. Last fragment I got was probably a week ago and I haven't seen another drop since. I got most of the key fragments in short order and now there's a "dry spell" where nothing's dropped.

well it wont help them get subs with their recent retarded decisions.... like dynamic q, dropping online tourney support, etc.

Back