[Official] '09-'10 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Don't taint this thread by mentioning that fucking shitty ass south side baseball team from Gary, Indiana.

They should play a double or nothing game!

It seemed to always go back and forth, and usually withing a few minutes of the other teams goal. You just never knew who was going to win until the final whistle it seemed.

Now I am stuck watching the Sox........greeeeeeat.

Yeah, we get to see how much Kenny will sell the team off.

I'm a big fan of all the blackhawk fans on facebook now, my entire life I knew like 4 people who even liked hockey

I guarantee 80% of these lifelong fans around chicago couldn't tell you who won last year or who the hawks lost to in the playoffs last year, coincidentally they are the same cub fans who can't name a player on the roster

Playoffs and finals were really fun though, been a while since chicago has had a championship that counted (white sox are gay)

I appreciate the effort put forth by the flyers. A lot of people were saying sweep and that the blackhawks would just just roll over the flyers, at least they made it a battle.

I'm a big fan of all the blackhawk fans on facebook now, my entire life I knew like 4 people who even liked hockey

I guarantee 80% of these lifelong fans around chicago couldn't tell you who won last year or who the hawks lost to in the playoffs last year, coincidentally they are the same cub fans who can't name a player on the roster

Playoffs and finals were really fun though, been a while since chicago has had a championship that counted (white sox are gay)

I don't like bandwagon fans much and I am admittedly a latecomer to hockey and I'd agree to call bullshit on 99% of people calling themselves "lifelong fans". Back in the 90s when both the Bulls and Blackhawks were in the finals I didn't really pay attention to them and they got smoked by the Penguins. I remember Chelios and Roenick were beloved but thats about it.

I didn't really pay attention to the Blackhawks besides what I'd read in the paper until about 3 years ago when Bill Wirtz finally died and his son put them back on TV and started spending money on players, hiring quality personnel people and coaches. Its still fucked for people who have DIRECTV because they don't get the VS channel, which has most of the regular season games. Before that the Hawks were only on TV when they made the playoffs. Wirtz thought it was unfair to season ticket holders to televise home games. On the flip side it was relatively cheap to go see a game live. Blacking out the hometown definitely doesn't help build the fan base. Shitty teams like the Cubs, Notre Dame football and the Braves have nice big fan bases due to sweet TV deals.

Chicago fans can at least realize there should be some good Blackhawk teams to watch in the years to come with all the young talent currently on the roster. It's a nice turnaround for a former "Worst Franchise in Sports" as opposed to living in Philadelphia or Detroit where you suck so badly for so long that even when you do win something you are still miserable.

Congrats to the Hawks, I was pulling for them. <3 Original 6. Plus I'm a Bruins fan. :( So fuck the Flyers. (And the whole city of Faggoty Love).

The Flyers have lost in the Stanley Cup finals six times since their last title in 1975 and this was the second time in which they lost the clinching Cup game on home ice (1976 vs. Canadiens).

/stupidstat

I'm from ny, but I became a flyers fan because I go to school near philly and had never watched hockey before going to college.

Started getting into it last year and followed the flyers by default.

I'm from ny, but I became a flyers fan because I go to school near philly and had never watched hockey before going to college.

Started getting into it last year and followed the flyers by default.

You've still never watched a hockey game if you've only watched games with the Flyers involved.

Back