[Official] '09-'10 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

countdown to merranza crying that halak didnt win the conn smythe

I guess you and Xcursion just hit the same stupidity level.

That's saying a lot considering the latter gets banned from an internet gaming forum full of nerds and gets his name painted on some dirty whore's ass while getting sodomized.

GG Chicago, thanks for the run. The best team on paper won on ice too.

Why is Matthew Barnaby an analyst btw? I realize not picking the right teams to win/lose is not the most important skill for an analyst but this guy is pretty awful.

2010 Stanley Cup playoffs: Experts' picks - ESPN

He picks Canucks to beat Blackhawks in 7, and San Jose in 7 vs Blackhawks. Then he predicted the Blackhawks to win in 6 in the finals then picked Philly to win game 6??

The more I listen to him the more it just seems like he is still a bit bitter from when he played in Chicago for a season or two at the end of his career.

Great game.. grats hawks.. definitely deserved.

That was a really weird ending to the game.. so anticlimactic.

the bettman hate was pretty funny though.

I think the ending would have been better if the ref was in better positioning and called it a goal right away instead of the mass confusion.

The Bettman hate is around the league. The classy fans of Philly booing Toews getting the Conn Smythe showed how great the city is!
I guess you and Xcursion just hit the same stupidity level.

:rolleyes:

Wonder if I can match Niemi's post season wins with the number of beers I drink tonight......not sure I'll make it, but I'm up for the challenge!

I think the ending would have been better if the ref was in better positioning and called it a goal right away instead of the mass confusion.

The Bettman hate is around the league. The classy fans of Philly booing Toews getting the Conn Smythe showed how great the city is!

Did you really expect anything else? That's what philly fans are known for, they're not going to act out of character for that bullshit.

I would boo'd too. Just out of frustration.

Did you really expect anything else? That's what philly fans are known for, they're not going to act out of character for that bullshit.

I would boo'd too. Just out of frustration.

I'm not really surprised but even the NHL acknowledged how shitty Philly fans are by changing the way the Cup was presented because a visitor won. They wanted to have it and the end of the ice because the netting provided extra protection for the players. So they knew Philly fans would likely throw shit if it were at center ice.

Yep, horrible to watch. I'm pretty sure the cup winning shot was really just an attempt to get a fortunate rebound to score, ya know to keep throwing the puck at the net.

The third goal scored was a pretty nice fucking shot, but I still think a lot of goalies would have been able to stop it.

I'm not really surprised but even the NHL acknowledged how shitty Philly fans are by changing the way the Cup was presented because a visitor won. They wanted to have it and the end of the ice because the netting provided extra protection for the players. So they knew Philly fans would likely throw shit if it were at center ice.

They were getting hit with shit as they skated with the cup away from the netting.

Yep, horrible to watch. I'm pretty sure the cup winning shot was really just an attempt to get a fortunate rebound to score, ya know to keep throwing the puck at the net.

Actually, kane makes those shots a lot. He is extremely accurate with the puck in shooting and stick handling.

WOO Hawks, fuck yeah buddy! Dude you're being too hard on Leighton. That guy stood on his head plenty of times in the playoffs. Especially with how many shots were comming at him. No goalie is perfect, and even the hall of famers let in bad goals sometimes.

WOO Hawks, fuck yeah buddy! Dude you're being too hard on Leighton. That guy stood on his head plenty of times in the playoffs. Especially with how many shots were comming at him. No goalie is perfect, and even the hall of famers let in bad goals sometimes.

I mean it sucks how it ended like that because he should have stopped that, but yeah, I can't put all the blame on him.

Carter had an open net at the end of third, the goalie was face down on the ice, all he had to do was flip it up and the flyers win game 6 and he fucks it up.

I mean it sucks how it ended like that because he should have stopped that, but yeah, I can't put all the blame on him.

Carter had an open net at the end of third, the goalie was face down on the ice, all he had to do was flip it up and the flyers win game 6 and he fucks it up.

In all honesty I think the Flyers were the only team I saw the Hawks play the whole year that looked like they seriously had a good chance at keeping up with them when they were playing their fastest/best game. Most games the hawks would play top speed get ahead and let off. The Flyers forced them to keep that pace because every time the Hawks slowed it down the Flyers dominated them. Insane series.

Would have liked it to go 7, because I'm pretty sure the flyers would win if there was a game 7 but oh well.

Blackhawks were clearly the best team the flyers played as well. Anytime the flyers scored and it seemed that they were gaining the momentum, the hawks would answer back.

Props to the Philly fans in here, I fail to see any crying, hating, blaming. I am impressed with my fellow tw'rs.

We lit off some fireworks, I had a couple of half sticks left from last years 4th. You could hear a shitload of fireworks from every direction for a good solid half hour. And even hours later the drunks are out honking their horns uncontrollably.

Yeah, I had my boy with me at Bannermans. There were some crazies around after. Chicks were fucking hotter than hell though.

There's nobody else to blame but the flyers. The refs definitely made a lot of bad calls, but all the bad calls evened out imo. There'd be some that went for the blackhawks, then some that went for the flyers.

Not much I can say. The flyers made their run and were matched and beaten.

Would have liked it to go 7, because I'm pretty sure the flyers would win if there was a game 7 but oh well.

They should play a double or nothing game!

Blackhawks were clearly the best team the flyers played as well. Anytime the flyers scored and it seemed that they were gaining the momentum, the hawks would answer back.

It seemed to always go back and forth, and usually withing a few minutes of the other teams goal. You just never knew who was going to win until the final whistle it seemed.

Now I am stuck watching the Sox........greeeeeeat.

Back