NY to Homeless: GTFO

soundjester

Veteran XV
OFN by three days:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/29/nyregion/29oneway.html?_r=1&hpw

The Bloomberg administration, which has struggled with a seemingly intractable problem of homelessness for years, has paid for more than 550 families to leave the city since 2007, as a way of keeping them out of the expensive shelter system, which costs $36,000 a year per family. All it takes is for a relative elsewhere to agree to take the family in.

a lot of them apparently get sent to the Atlanta area

I'm all for us sending all our criminals up to New York in return provided they have a relative agree to take them in

Cheaper to ship them out than to provide for them. Sucks to be the other states.

i read somewhere else that they were shipping them to other countries and tried to understand how u can do that.

California
is nice to the homeless
Californ-ya-ya
Super cool to the homeless

In the city
City of Santa Monica
Lots of rich people giving change to the homeless

(Change?)

In the city
City of brentwood
They take really good care
of all their homeless

(They're listening let's go)

In the city
Marina Del Rey
They're so nice to the homeless
built 'em port a potties
(th-they're leading them away!
We're gonna be alright!
Oh Glen we made it!)

California
Super cool to the homeless
(Change?)
Californ-ya-ya
Is known for donor

In the city
City of Venice
Right by Matt's house
you can chill if your homeless

7868c9eaa99d.gif

i read somewhere else that they were shipping them to other countries and tried to understand how u can do that.

At the intake center, social workers ask families about their housing options in other places. If a family says that they have relatives who might be willing to take them in, and social workers confirm their report, the family could be on a plane, bus or train within hours, although the city will sometimes wait a few days to avoid the expense of last-minute fares.

You ask people who are stuck and can't get out if they'd like some help and sometimes they say yes. It's a truly arduous and often times barbaric process.

Last edited:
And to Florida. It was on the Schnitt show yesterday.

Florida can easily respond to this by telling everyone to Boycott New York.

Atlanta on the other hand, has no one who can afford to visit NY, so they're fucked. But Florida can bitch and it will matter.

Atlanta is kinda like Ohio to visit. Great for the amusement parks and places to eat, but not somewhere you'd want to live.

Last edited:
I remember this RPG that I used to play quite a long time ago called Underground. It was a futuristic, over the top kind of cyberpunk game where the world was a perpetual corporate-sponsored warzone. The constant wars meant corporations/governments put heavy research in making super-soldiers. Which when they came home were totally shunned due to their insane genetic mutations used to create them. This caused a huge unemployment/homeless problem. What this brought about was the Anti-Vagrancy Act. It gave any person ultimate power over their own property. Find a vagrant on your front steps? Shoot them in the head and call the 1-800 number for a cleanup crew to come by. Simple and cost effective.

Ive heard San Diego will give any homeless person a free one way train ticket to anywhere they want to go, as long as it is far away from san diego

Atlanta on the other hand, has no one who can afford to visit NY, so they're fucked. But Florida can bitch and it will matter.

Atlanta is kinda like Ohio to visit. Great for the amusement parks and places to eat, but not somewhere you'd want to live.

ummm, atlanta has a shit load of people that can afford to visit NY - especially if you consider the entire metro area

and plenty of people apparently want to live in atlanta seeing as how the metro area has had the highest growth over the last decade and a half. ~3.6 million on the eve of the Olympics and ~5.4 million as of last year.

Last edited:
Cheaper to ship them out than to provide for them. Sucks to be the other states.

Even without them NY has the most bloated and overextended welfare system in the country.

We're just trying to share the wealth, really.

I don't think it'd be wise for a state for whom a primary industry is tourism to boycott one of the richest states in the country and a state that is also a top source of new residents...

Do you think NGFM has ever once paused before saying something and thought "hey I shouldnt say that because it is totally fucking retarded?"

Back