Not all texans are dumbass rednecks

It's funny how much Texas seems like Queensland here for us Aussies... It's a place that people seem to be extremely proud to be from, and no-one can ever actually understand why.

False sense of pride is needed to keep them from being chronically depressed for living in such a shithole.

and/or

The only people happy to live there are the ones who couldn't cut it in the better parts of the country anyway.

What's funny is the vast majority of "Texans", aren't. There was a huge influx from the north back in the 70's, and a steady stream from all over into Dallas/Austin/Houston ever since. (The mexicans own San Antonio) Not to mention the illegals that grace every Home Depot and Lowe's parking lot in the state. I'd bet that < 50% of people in the D/FW metroplex aren't native born, and these tend to be the biggest "I'm from Texas" douches. The kind that have the "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could" t-shirts and bumper stickers.

People that say Texas is a shithole probably haven't been here before. I will always be a Texan before american. Texas breeds great people, it's in our blood. Our state history just has far more interesting events and people to study than any other state can claim. I sympathize with you non-texans jealousy. What other state can claim to have bred such heroes and/or villians as we have? What other state was it's own COUNTRY known worldwide for its peoples strength and character? I'll accept Texas does not have the hottest women but we are definitely in the top 3 and that is undeniable.

State pride is just something every Texan has when they learn what quality cloth they're cut from. Jealosy is something other state born peoples have when they learn what cloth they're not cut from

What's funny is the vast majority of "Texans", aren't. There was a huge influx from the north back in the 70's, and a steady stream from all over into Dallas/Austin/Houston ever since. (The mexicans own San Antonio) Not to mention the illegals that grace every Home Depot and Lowe's parking lot in the state. I'd bet that < 50% of people in the D/FW metroplex aren't native born, and these tend to be the biggest "I'm from Texas" douches. The kind that have the "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could" t-shirts and bumper stickers.

Is it ok that I'm proud to NOT be from Texas?

Is it ok that I'm proud to NOT be from Texas?

I love you wherever you're from Hoov. That being said, I stand by my statement that the vast majority of the "omg I'm from Texas" idiots weren't born here. (BTW, I wasn't born here either)

I agree, most of the over the top "Texans" are Okies proud to be in a state that doesn't completely fucking suck

Alek, funny enough we can blame that on the Mexicans

They have a huge (no pun intended) problem with obesity

Alek, funny enough we can blame that on the Mexicans

They have a huge (no pun intended) problem with obesity

Oh, don't get me wrong. The Mexicans only add to my not wanting to live there. I already did the California thing and I'm not anxious to see any more of them.

Not sure you can blame that on them entirely though. I'd like to see proportion by ethnicity/nationality, if anyone knows where to find it.

Yeah, lets blame Mexicans for America's obesity problems.

First they take our jobs! Then our tax dollars! And now they take our ability to exercise and eat healthy!

People that say Texas is a shithole probably haven't been here before. I will always be a Texan before american. Texas breeds great people, it's in our blood. Our state history just has far more interesting events and people to study than any other state can claim. I sympathize with you non-texans jealousy. What other state can claim to have bred such heroes and/or villians as we have? What other state was it's own COUNTRY known worldwide for its peoples strength and character? I'll accept Texas does not have the hottest women but we are definitely in the top 3 and that is undeniable.

State pride is just something every Texan has when they learn what quality cloth they're cut from. Jealosy is something other state born peoples have when they learn what cloth they're not cut from

I've been to Dallas, Houston, Austin, Amarillo, borger, Beaumont, and many other small places in Texas, and every one of those places are shitholes filled with mostly (but not entirely) stupid fat rednecks and beakers

So fuck fucking texas

1183257558_3390fcc71d.jpg

Regardless of all the misinformation in this thread, Texas sucks, so make sure you tell everyone you know this so they stop moving to our state.

Thank you,

Texans

I've been to Dallas, Houston, Austin, Amarillo, borger, Beaumont, and many other small places in Texas, and every one of those places are shitholes filled with mostly (but not entirely) stupid fat rednecks and beakers

So fuck fucking texas
I doubt you've ever set foot on a boat and actually cast a fishing line. Nor have you camped in any of Texas' state parks...not to mention Big Bend National Park. You sure as f*ck haven't enjoyed a Texas Oktoberfest and you have probably never rafted or 'tubed' not once! Apperently you haven't enjoyed San Antonio's Fiesta on the River either.

Basically, I'm saying that you don't get out much. Had you have done such a thing I would be hard pressed to believe that you weren't lying--either that, or you suck at finding adventure in Texas.

Back