north island of new zealand

FireStorm!

I know shok
Veteran XX
has anyone been hiking or traveled through? would like to get some inside scoop and talk with those who have (post here and ill follow up in a pm)

otherwise, has anyone seen t-refried?

take care

has anyone been hiking or traveled through? would like to get some inside scoop and talk with those who have (post here and ill follow up in a pm)

otherwise, has anyone seen t-refried?

take care

i saw him playing csgo with jerry and friends the other day

sweet i just installed that game but then it turns out you can forget how to be good at playing video games

ya it takes like 1 day of serious playing to get ur skills back
its like ride a bike

I went to both islands about 10 years ago in November. It was a bit colder than I expected - I only traveled south of Auckland - if I had to do it again, I would have traveled north to go up to the bay of islands area - would have been a bit warmer too. I don't have any good hiking advice really, as the hiking I did was all on the South Island. That being said, I really wanted to do the Tongariro alpine crossing hike on the north island, but the weather was too shit. Apparently the weather can often be that way, so if you want to do that one, it's best to plan a few days waiting for good weather.

yeah i'd like to talk to some folks that have done that hike in particular and see about doing it in the dark to reach the summit for sunrise

there's some tour guides you can hire for it $200 but that's pretty steep if a good flashlight would suffice

did 2 weeks of travelling around the north island when I first visited this place back in 2009...no hiking tho.

first week was something like...landed in auckland, drove north along coast roads, up + around coromandel peninsula...did a bit of camping and stayed with friends where possible...

pretty fukin beautiful up there

if u wanna pm any questions I'll do my best. I know a few hardcore trampers (they call it tramping here not hiking go figure) so might be able to pick their brains

Back