[NGFM]Question

1slob18c1

Veteran X
NoGodForMe :wave:, or anyone else who has created a website with photos documenting outings or events....

Has it been worth the work and time spent, albeit minimal, into creating your website and keeping it updated with photos of your outings? Also, the pro's and con's of creating such a website, and the value(s) it has provided you, could you tell me a little bit about that? What are you feelings about having done your sites, now that you've had them up for a while? I'm familiar with HTML/CSS/PHP/Java as well as graphic design, so creating the website itself, is not what I'm looking for information about.

The reason I ask is that I'm debating on creating a website in my spare time that documents, mostly via photos, my outings throughout the state of Utah. This would include the pictures I've taken, with brief descriptions of the photos and perhaps a short write-up on the location visited itself.

In a nutshell, give me your review of owning and managing a photo blog website. I appreciate your feedback

good idea to document your life so you remember things
this is just digital rather than in scrap book form
if you have the energy to do it, go for it
your family will appreciate losing all the data in ww3

The point isn't to document my life, but rather, document my outings. Meaning you're not going to see a lot of me in the pictures, but rather just pictures of the area.

By the time WW3 comes, we should have USB hookups and storage for our brain. I'm not concerned.

don't become someone who takes a photo of everything, photos almost become meaningless when you've taken so many

don't become someone who takes a photo of everything, photos almost become meaningless when you've taken so many
truth. my wife took 4 gigs worth of photos on an 8 megapixel camera during a THREE DAY vacation to Cedar Point.

trust me. there isn't that much shit to take a picture of at a beach on Lake Erie. I kept maybe 30 photos, and deleted the rest.

Back