new to the DK

Nail Bomb

Banned
I just hit 80 a little while back and i am starting to gear up my DK for pvp and light PVE.

every DK site i find says different things. A few told me to put spell penetration on my cloak. A few are telling me to get spell power, to which my guildmates told me was absolutely wrong.

My toon is for messing around in the BGs i really dont want to arena but i might if i get a decent team or my friends get interest i will do it, I have a very basic generic cookie cutter spec.

The World of Warcraft Armory

that is my armory, i am thinking about changing my spec and am open for suggestions, i just want to stay unholy.

so a few questions.
1) how do i gear/gem for pvp I have looked online but sites are all saying different things now.
2) what rotation should i use?
3) I want to see "big numbers" this is my "for fun" pvp toon. can dk's give hard hitting "big numbers?"
4) Anything i should know or need to know?

thanks for the help, I will admit i have no clue what i am doing on this guy, this is why i am posting. i just log on to this guy late at night put on some music and do some mindless BGs for fun.

Last edited:
IMO the most fun I've had is with DW Frost.

I am somewhat casual too, so anything you see on my char can be attained with minimal effort. I'll log him out in pve gear so you can see better.

1. I don't know why you wouldn't just gem pure strength tbh. Farm Winterspring and BGs and get your resil pieces.

2. Again, I would use DW Frost (although you will see big numbers with deathstrike in blood and scourge strike in unholy)because it is the most fun and allows you to really dump shit on enemies. I typically use IT-PS-BS-BS-OB-Blood Tap-OB then frost strike spam. If you save all your runic power up you can run up and wtf-pwn someone in like 5 seconds. The only change to my spec I would make is take one pt out of Killing Machine and put into Unbreakable Armor. It's a wicked buff and if you pop that + Icebound Fort you can basically run around singing the suck my dick song to pallies (which is the only class I have even a remote issue with). You're going to want to re-glyph too.

3. Answered above.

4. Live in TOC and H-TOC. You can almost completely gear your DK out in there, including badass 1h and 2h weapons.

Look out you guys, terra is elite at world of warcraft.

Look out you guys Nail Bomb is terrible at world of warcraft.

In all seriousness the research to obtain the information to make these decisions for yourself is not difficult. Why would you expect anything different from TW when asking to have this stuff spoon fed to you.

In all seriousness the research to obtain the information to make these decisions for yourself is not difficult. Why would you expect anything different from TW when asking to have this stuff spoon fed to you.

This.

Everything Nail Bomb has asked, in this thread or other godawful wow threads, has been answered time and time again with clear answers (mostly) in many respectable theorycrafting websites.

I give him shit because hes down right retarded and if I don't say anything, he'll post "DKs are boring, how are rogues" are they fun? derp??" in 2-3 weeks.

Why would you expect anything different from TW when asking to have this stuff spoon fed to you.
Once is fine. Twice is fine. But he must be repeating classes at this point. And they're not specific questions about a certain mechanic, they're "tell me how to play" questions.

This.

Everything Nail Bomb has asked, in this thread or other godawful wow threads, has been answered time and time again with clear answers (mostly) in many respectable theorycrafting websites.

I give him shit because hes down right retarded and if I don't say anything, he'll post "DKs are boring, how are rogues" are they fun? derp??" in 2-3 weeks.

Dk's have changed since the patch, if you do a little googling all of the info is different.

for example, i am not sure if this kid knows what he is talking about but its a safe bet he is a dumbass

Death knight build samples - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft
Bloody-Mess PvE Build (71/0/0)

71 fucking points into blood? :disgust:

ive done my homework and sites are all over the place on what to do with DKs A lot of sites are just simply outdated due to the recent patch.

i have a limited amount of time to play wow now. so i was just asking for a few pointers. i really appreciate what Joemomma did, that's exactly what i was looking for or for maybe someone to expand upon what he has already said.

I dont want to get into it with you terra, I admited that i have no idea what i am doing on this class. I just leveled and then pvped for fun. I dont take wow that serious and was enjoying it for a game. i have a job that takes 50 hours or more of my time.

thanks again for your info joe, I do not want anything spoon fed to me i just wanted to someone to look at my gear/spec and give me a few suggestions, or just tell me what you do during pvp.

i understand that you are in a high end raiding guild terra and have a nice rating on your DK, i do not desire to play to that level, i just wanted a few pointers. I've busted your ass before about how much time you invest in wow but its kind of shitty that you cant say a few things like " ur dumb pick up scourge strike" or "bond shield is dumb drop it"

Fool summed this place up the best. this sub forum takes itself more serious then any sub forum on tw.

I wasn't talking about wowwiki when i said "many respectable theorycrafting sites." Good job.

I still stand by that by the way. Look harder/smarter. These are information you can read and just replicate, not be spoon fed "press x y z and win." Don't be retarded.

Edit: I feel REALLY bad for you. Here is a tip 51/0/20 is the top blood dps spec.

God you don't even mention me anymore.

I wasn't talking about wowwiki when i said "many respectable theorycrafting sites." Good job.

I still stand by that by the way. Look harder/smarter. These are information you can read and just replicate, not be spoon fed "press x y z and win." Don't be retarded.

Edit: I feel REALLY bad for you. Here is a tip 51/0/20 is the top blood dps spec.

how he could not find that out is beyond me.

i was in a similar situation where i wasn't sure what build is best and i just wanted to improve my dps. a quick google of "wow best DK dps 3.2" and just about every site will show you a 51/0/20 build.

Back