New New GIF (animated) Thread

American cheese has quite the range of definitions, but what the mainstream fastfood burger joints use is disgusting slop of orange colored goop.

Frequently, when I make burgers at home, I use Kraft cheese (and yes, other "real" cheeses), but I don't use the soft goopy ones.

There is one that is labeled a "Cheese Product" and one that is labeled a "Cheese Food." I can't remember which is which right now, but the difference is night and day. One is the goopy, nasty shit you get on McDonald's burgers. The one that is individually packaged in little plastic sleeves is the shit one.

The only appeal is the melt. Nothing melts like that. I buy the cheese if I cook for guests. For myself with burgers I like sharp cheddar. For a rare grilled cheese I like Munster.

Hoop cheese would be good for both, but you never really find it in slices. I had a slicer but lost it years ago.

The only appeal is the melt. Nothing melts like that. I buy the cheese if I cook for guests. For myself with burgers I like sharp cheddar. For a rare grilled cheese I like Munster.

Hoop cheese would be good for both, but you never really find it in slices. I had a slicer but lost it years ago.
Cheddar melts nicely. That's what I use typically if I'm not feeling lazy.

It's just important to note that of the types of "American cheese" in the US, there are two significant variants, one is goop (McDonalds, Burger King, etc., Kraft individually wrapped "singles", etc.) and the other has a far higher Cheddar/Coby content and is a nice in-between from the hardness of Cheddar and dogshit that is the orange goop.

The above two retarded foreigners who can't read English didn't understand that the first time, so I'm repeating it again for them.

Cheese singles are actually designed to melt and not give off pools of oil. Most other cheeses will shed a boat load of oil onto the grill.

at least that's what I heard once anyway

I refuse to give a dog human food. Most of them only want one thing: get in my belly. They don't take even a fraction of a second to enjoy it.

I watched a small chihuahua type dog scarf down an entire 8 oz. sirloin steak without chewing it.

They're getting euthanized.

monday.gif

Fucking mitch can't see shit so I got to post a goddamn utoob vid in a gif thread for his dumbass.. beren should infract his ass on my behalf

Cheese singles are actually designed to melt and not give off pools of oil. Most other cheeses will shed a boat load of oil onto the grill.

at least that's what I heard once anyway

Cheese singles are ok in a pinch, but I avoid them whenever possible.

Proper deli style American cheese is even better on burgers. Better flavor and melts without oil formation.

I use White American cheese from Boar's Head on my burgers. Love the texture and flavor for burgers. Perfect blend of creaminess and cheddar flavor imo.

American White Cheese | Boar's Head

Not sure if the pre-sliced is the same....I get mine from the local deli so its fresh sliced.

Last edited:
Back