New M5 - Best car in the (real) world

There will be a Diesel M5. Probably a tri-turbo version putting out around 500+hp.

not to defend Mitch... but i think the extra $$ is because of taxes/destination/port/etc charges. They can get pretty crazy in some parts of the world.

You couldn't be more wrong. There is no tax. 5% import duty, that's it. Most cars are 20-30% cheaper here than in Europe. The $150k tag is probably because:

1) Almost all cars here are brought in fully loaded. I mean every options box that exists is ticked. Your $90k car is basic list price before the box ticking starts.

2) They will have a very limited allocation initially, all presold to local Arabs that all have 10 cars each and more money than they know what to do with. Probably once that supply feeds through the price will drop.

You couldn't be more wrong. There is no tax. 5% import duty, that's it. Most cars are 20-30% cheaper here than in Europe. The $150k tag is probably because:

1) Almost all cars here are brought in fully loaded. I mean every options box that exists is ticked. Your $90k car is basic list price before the box ticking starts.

2) They will have a very limited allocation initially, all presold to local Arabs that all have 10 cars each and more money than they know what to do with. Probably once that supply feeds through the price will drop.

So you lie/exaggerate about the price because you're a self-righteous douche bag. Gotcha.

Did you even read that or the PDF press release? All it says is how it plays the engine sounds through the stereo in addition to the normal sounds the engine makes. It has nothing to do with an all electric engine.

i said soon our exhaust noise will be all artificial if we keep going towards green vehicles. this new mechanism is step 1 :) and why the hell do i want my exhaust being played through my stereo anyway? my ears are already going to bleed happily if i got DAT EISENMANN EXHAUST SETUP YEAHH

you wanna see a BMW haulin ass ?
Spoiler

Back