[NBA] M V P

LeBron, statistically, as well as from a team perspective, is the most deserving player hands down.

If Kobe can win the finals, he deserves it hands down. Either way, it shouldn't be given out till after the postseason. Same applies to Paul.

But for regular season only, it's clear that it's LBJ.

maybe
But considering that they just had the best single season turn around ever...
Granted ray allen helped but KG changed the franchise

maybe
But considering that they just had the best single season turn around ever...
Granted ray allen helped but KG changed the franchise

Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Al Jefferson, and the rest of that crew would have won 45 games.

Cleveland without LBJ would be Cleveland. In fact, if Cleveland didn't get the #1 pick in the draft, the team would seriously just lick balls. Danny Ferry is probably one of the worst talent evaluators in the NBA. LBJ was a fucking gimme.

"I'm gonna play llike a team leader now that I have better players to lead" does not qualify you as an MVP. LeBron and Paul deserve it far more. It could be argued for KG because of his intangibles, but traditionally you also need to be near the top in stats, which KG isn't.

Who cares about the individuals, though? We've got the best NBA season in 30 years going into the playoffs and I can't fucking wait.

Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Al Jefferson, and the rest of that crew would have won 45 games.

But they subtracted Jefferson and added KG and won 62 thus far.
Gerald Green isn't even in the NBA anymore.

Anyways, it's admittedly half homerism but I'm surprised KG isn't getting a little bit more attention for MVP consideration.

Seriously, take LBJ out of Cleveland, and you have a good game against the '05 or '06 gators.

I'm more of a Kobe fan, and felt he got screwed that one year (first year Nash won it). But if you look beyond that, it is SO clearly LBJ.

Last edited:
LeBron, statistically, as well as from a team perspective, is the most deserving player hands down.

If Kobe can win the finals, he deserves it hands down. Either way, it shouldn't be given out till after the postseason. Same applies to Paul.

But for regular season only, it's clear that it's LBJ.

if you look at the just the stats you'd think that lebron were having a much better season than kobe. i'm a big numbers guy but i have to say that kobe has had at least a good a season as lebron. i think kobe is playing the best ball of his career.

given kobe and cp3's better record/tougher conference i'd go:

1) kobe
2) paul
3) lebron
4) garnett
5) howard?

if you look at the just the stats you'd think that lebron were having a much better season than kobe. i'm a big numbers guy but i have to say that kobe has had at least a good a season as lebron. i think kobe is playing the best ball of his career.

given kobe and cp3's better record/tougher conference i'd go:

1) kobe
2) paul
3) lebron
4) garnett
5) howard?

Given head to head matchups, it's easily LeBron too. Plus, the Western Conference is not as superior as you think it is. Granted, they have a lot of solid "teams" but if you look at East vs West matchups, it's pretty much a tossup with the East Teams.

The western conference bottomfeeders, such as Memphis, Sonics, are all feeding Western Conference teams as well. The east just has more "worse" teams. But competition wise, at the higher level, isn't much worse than the west.

As a matter of fact, a good way of looking at this could be: If you swapped any of those guys with LeBron, I'd say every single team improves with the exception of Celtics, and that's because they have a solid 2 and 3 already.

Put LeBron in for Kobe, Lakers are better. He's a better playmaker, and quite honestly, just as clutch. Put Kobe in for Paul, NO is still as good as they are now.

Last edited:
Back