my new gun

Cheaperthandirt.com has some decent ammo prices. I just dropped $110 on 500 7.62 and $120 on 500 rounds of .223! Not as good as when it was $99 for 1k rounds of .223. I miss those days.

I will add this to my existing 7k rounds of ammo!

Thumper i just bought 500rounds and 2 40 round mags and 2 30 round mags...fucker thnx for selling me on their prices.
all steel mags!!! for win. :finger:

The pmags by magpul are still sweet.

SHIAT!!! that mag go beat...but what about the AK version.:hitit:
i wonder if the mags pop out on impact like in vid.

thats a great vid though

edit watched second video and saw some tard firing a limp hand gun while griping it by the fucking mag. When will these faggy boys learn to hold a rifle. i mean FUCKING WHEN.

Last edited:
Found videos on the 10/22, very informative for a newb like me:

Decided on the no thrills Ruger 10/22 Birchwood Stock & Blued Barrel. Found a local retailer selling them for $210, which seems like a pretty good deal.

I bought a Ruger 10/22 compact, birchwood stock and blued barrel (both are SLIGHTLY smaller than a standard 10/22) for 210$ MSRP.

I've probably put around 10,000 rounds through that fucker without a misfire. (with cleaning of course.)

For a first gun, you can't go wrong with a 10/22. I remember as a kid, I learned to shoot on my Dad's 1974 10/22 which looks IDENTICAL to the full sized version they sell today.

why did he run over a magazine with live rounds in it
Because he is a complete fucking moron. That shit can cause a misfire. which can blow your fucking hand off.
But apparently that geek necked ass hole thinks hes ramfag.

Dont blame me zool! I fell to their prices too!

I have so many damn mags I don't know what to do. Probably over thirty 30 rounders and about ten 20 rounders.

I have been slowly replacing my Metal ones with PMAGs and Lancers.

Plastic mags FTW!

As far as running over a mag with ammo in it. I think Magpul did that when they first came out with the PMAG to show it can take a beating. :shrug:

Dont blame me zool! I fell to their prices too!

I have so many damn mags I don't know what to do. Probably over thirty 30 rounders and about ten 20 rounders.

I have been slowly replacing my Metal ones with PMAGs and Lancers.

Plastic mags FTW!

As far as running over a mag with ammo in it. I think Magpul did that when they first came out with the PMAG to show it can take a beating. :shrug:

SHIT MAN!!! wtf!1111!! i was checking out centerfire prices and reading reviews and just BAAAAMMM cheaper than dirt had me their fucking mag prices are best on the fucking NET. a 40 round mag for 14$ is fucking FUYCKCCCC. i bought a few of them i am by more next month and i am goin to arm my whole one man army with this cheap gear.

We should network....you know for when it all comes down....start an A team or something. DEAD ZOMBIES EVERYWHERE.

the chance of a round going off while being run over is very low, worst case scenario it goes off and the bullet flies 2-4ft and comes to a stop. cartridges that don't have a bolt/chamber to create and direct the pressure aren't really dangerous unless you have it close to your face.

that being said, i still wouldn't do it simply because ammo is expensive yo, and the brass might deform and cause a failure to feed.

the chance of a round going off while being run over is very low, worst case scenario it goes off and the bullet flies 2-4ft and comes to a stop. cartridges that don't have a bolt/chamber to create and direct the pressure aren't really dangerous unless you have it close to your face.

that being said, i still wouldn't do it simply because ammo is expensive yo, and the brass might deform and cause a failure to feed.

nope not taling about that. A DEFORMED round can casue issues for your rifle just letting people know. a mag that does not properly feed round is also bad.
I have never had a 7.62 round xblode on me but it happens. anyways just oil ur ammo!!! to!!:attention

Im in Winchester, VA so if the zombies come, fight your way towards me. Ill have lots of ammo (including 7.62 x 39) and I know of a good place to hole up and fight off the waves!

BOOYAH!!!!

I should mention all my AK mags are Yugo mags. They will hold the bolt open when empty. Not a big help since once you pull the mag the bolt slams forward but cool anyway. You can feel/tell when the mag is empty.

All my other mags are for my AR's.

Im currently building an SBR. As soon as the ATF approves my PW, ill have me a 10.5" AR!!!! Shawty rifle bitches!

Last edited:
i think my biggest gripe about the AK platform is the lack of a legit bolt hold open

sure you can jerry rig your mags/safety into doing it, but fuck that.

congrats on the SBR :sunny:

Agreed and also my biggest complaint. The yugo mags help by holding the bolt and letting you know by feel and sound that your empty but as soon as you pull the mag the bolt closes.

As you said you can mod your safety to hold the bolt for a mag change but you have to engage the safety by hand to hold the bolt and that (wastes) takes time, much faster just to bang the mag out with a fresh one and cycle the bolt.

I cant wait for my ATF PW to go through. Should only be a couple more weeks. I have everything ready, rails, EOTech, BUIS, flip front sight and a lower waiting!!!!

When it gets approved ill post pics!!!

Last edited:
guns are tools.

nothing more, nothing less.

to be afraid of a gun is like being afraid of a hammer.
You seem to be arguing against most of the enthusiasts here. Most people don't have a blast hammering things for very long. Further, the situations in which something like an AK is the proper tool do not occur in most people's lives in this country.

Agreed and also my biggest complaint. The yugo mags help by holding the bolt and letting you know by feel and sound that your empty but as soon as you pull the mag the bolt closes.

As you said you can mod your safety to hold the bolt for a mag change but you have to engage the safety by hand to hold the bolt and that (wastes) takes time, much faster just to bang the mag out with a fresh one and cycle the bolt.

I cant wait for my ATF PW to go through. Should only be a couple more weeks. I have everything ready, rails, EOTech, BUIS, flip front sight and a lower waiting!!!!

When it gets approved ill post pics!!!

I know people in California have taken a stripped lower receiver and registered them as pistols so that they can then modify the barrel to 10.5" w/ collapsible stock and get around some of our wacky laws. Something you might want to look at.

Unfortunately, if you modify your AR-15 "pistol" to a rifle, it is legal, but once you modify it back into a pistol, you now have an unregistered assault weapon*

*California law.

Back