My internets is all fucked up... graphics issue?

Without having tested other browsers or yet updating my video driver Im still making this thread on the weirdness of the issue and if anyone has ever seen anything like it.

Basically it seems like artifacts are showing up while I run firefox... the tabs and top third of the browser experience flashing and flickering with the occasional flash that seems to reveal a background of white and black bars of various sizes. It works okay in general but looks shitty even if it will sometimes go a minute or two before reacting again... for instance it hasnt done much while im typing aside from a single flash once in awhile.

edit- right before posting i scrolled down and there was a triangular shape with magenta streaks in it for a split second. (it feels artifacty)

This is recent and before a week ago it ran fine... an update at some point did nothing.

It really has a strange quality that reminds me of video card artifacts.... however 3D games run just fine and there is no difference between overclocked and stock speeds in how it effects firefox.

My guess is firefox is fucked up... weird since I still use FF because it is neat and streamlined...

any other browsers worth trying that are clean and simple?

Definitely try a different browser. It sounds like firefox's theme or theme engine is corrupt. Could try a different theme, too.

yea is it only while browsing? if you use media player or any other progs does it do it ?

With chrome im not having any problems. (not a big fan of chrome tho)

However IE has similar artifacts appearing...

now that it is confirmed to be multiprogrammed im slightly concerned...

however this is still just web browsing...

how can I run Anno 2070 with my card overclocked (and voltage upped) without a problem and still encounter weird shit like this in a web browser?

Well whatever the fault in the hw is it could not be affecting the 3d output.

You should test your memory, run memtest.

btw the artifacts in IE look way different than the firefox ones...

firefox has triangular anomalies and black and white bars (plus some magenta crap i mentioned above)

IE has little cubes that seem to go slightly larger from left to right and this flashes randomly...

might have also seen a split second flash using chrome while typing this.

Well whatever the fault in the hw is it could not be affecting the 3d output.

You should test your memory, run memtest.

wish there was an easy way of doing that without me burning a boot disk... hell is there an easier way?

on the other hand that reasoning isnt bad.

been having identical issue ever since updating my ATI graphics. it is your gfx driver no doubt. just waiting on newer driver.

been having identical issue ever since updating my ATI graphics. it is your gfx driver no doubt. just waiting on newer driver.

well that is fucking weird.

and im running Nvidia... specifically a 570 GTX overclocked and voltage upped... driver is a month or two out of date.

you'll need to boot into memtest, it comes with some linux distros (as an option on boot of the cd), but there's no way around booting into it.

forgot to include the other reason why i think its some driver issue and not a memory issue: it only happens on my extended monitor and not my primary.

xhJA5.jpg

It really has a strange quality that reminds me of video card artifacts.... however 3D games run just fine and there is no difference between overclocked and stock speeds in how it effects firefox.

Should have gone with your gut on this one. I think you'll find it's something with the video card -- drivers or hardware, maybe even Direct X.

Are you running Windows 7?

Try switching to another video output on the card. I've seen a couple of cards where the DVI port 1 got weird for some reason, but the second would work just fine.

well that is fucking weird.

and im running Nvidia... specifically a 570 GTX overclocked and voltage upped... driver is a month or two out of date.

try... nividia control panel/set up steroscopic 3d run the wizard then click hide sterpscopic 3d effects when game starts... prolly wont but see if that does anything

Back