My daughter got a puppy today.

Wish Bear

Veteran XV
I put her in the crate to goto sleep, but she whined and whined like someone was trying to use a cucumber as a rectal thermometer. So right now she is asleap in my lap. I have no idea what kind of dog it is. Guess I'll find out.

I put her in the crate to goto sleep, but she whined and whined like someone was trying to use a cucumber as a rectal thermometer. So right now she is asleap in my lap.
I got all the way through the first sentence before I realized you were talking about the dog and not your daughter. Fuck I'm out of it tonight :rofl:

In 3 years i will request that this thread be bumped so that pictures can be delivered

If you take them out of the crate when they whine they'll just learn that that is the way to get out of their crate.

Though, depending on how young the puppy is it won't necessarily be able to hold it in too long so need to be careful about that.

If you take them out of the crate when they whine they'll just learn that that is the way to get out of their crate.

Though, depending on how young the puppy is it won't necessarily be able to hold it in too long so need to be careful about that.

yea I know. I waited till she had stopped whining for about a minute before I went over, sat on the floor, and opened it. The instant it was open she was in my lap and 20 second later was asleap :p

cool. Just had the puppy asleap on one leg and the cat jumped up on the other for some petting and she just sat there smelling him. He woke up after about 40 seconds of sniffing. He sniffed twice, licked the cats nose, and the cat fled. Cat didn't use claws jumping off my lap though. So I think thats a good sign.

UJsEP.gif

asleep
until you show it who is boss, dont let it sleep on your bed or get on high places
thats a dominance thing
make sure it only has enough room to turn around and lay down in the crate
otherwise it will shit in there to show it is displeased with crate lifestyle (even if it can hold it in)
dont continually issue commands. so dont say "sit...sit..sit. sit. sit. SIT SIT SIT"
yelling and repeating doesnt teach it anything, only that you dont have control if you have to get all crazy

use a command like "unh" or "tssst" or something after the initial command. Then walk over and correct it. With a sit, have a treat and start at the nose, and start moving it in a line over the nose, brow, and head to the neck. Dog will naturally sit. praise!

yea i read a lot about it online. she is whining in her crate now. Eventually she will fall asleap I hope :p
did you cover it?

* Also, my dog is fucking nuts. 4 month old Dachshund..goes through literally every toy we get her. Got her a fire hose toy today thinking "Meh, she can't get through that"

Already got a hole in it. What in the fuckkkkk

Last edited:
did you cover it?

* Also, my dog is fucking nuts. 4 month old Dachshund..goes through literally every toy we get her. Got her a fire hose toy today thinking "Meh, she can't get through that"

Already got a hole in it. What in the fuckkkkk

I have a 2-year old lab/shepherd and still have yet to find a toy that can really withstand her wrath. We have some toys that are still around in some form, but the squeaker has been ripped out and they are not what I would consider whole anymore. :\

Tennis balls seem to last the longest and give her the most enjoyment now, I jsut buy giant packs of them once in a while. I also tend to find them in really bizarre places throughout my house.

one of my brothers dauchunds can take out a tennis ball in 5 minutes. It starts by ripping off all the fuzz and eating it. It poops green for a day. He doesn't give it tennis balls anymore.

Back