mx518 is dying

I still use an intellimouse explorer at work and have another spare at home. Don't see the big deal really. I prefer my 10+ yr old mx510

I'm sure I already posted this last year - probably in this thread

Still rocking my G9 with two 4g weights on.

Logitech-G9x-Gaming-Mouse-Review-Splash.jpg

Still rocking my G9 with two 4g weights on.

Logitech-G9x-Gaming-Mouse-Review-Splash.jpg

Mine broke after 8 years or something crazy like that. It was also pretty busted, so I got a G502. The profile is somewhat similar and you can adjust the weights which is what I enjoyed about the G9 a lot since I like a heavier mouse.

this is a cool thread on what all the pro gamer quake ppl use
ESR - What mice are the quake pros using? - Hardware Forum

key thing to know is wmo and intellimouse 3.0 are the same mouse just with different shell for grip

they are both 400 dpi and can;t be increased

when u get a mouse with the ability to go to high dpi they end up coming with built in mouse smoothing in the firmware to keep the mouse from jittering at the high dpi this also fucks with the mouse at low dpi and can't really be corrected

this is y u see a lot of pro fps people using wmo;s which are stuck at 400 dpi because they dont get mouse smoothing fucking up their aim

other ppl just get used to the smoothing and dont care

it is a real crime ms intellimouse and wheel mouse opticals are discontinued because u really don't need more than 400-500 dpi for any fps

hopefully the market catches on to this @ some point and native low dpi mice come out or just ones that aren't fucked by smoothing when they are changed from 3600 dpi to 400 or whatever

Back