MRSA - Are you familiar with it?

i dont know about 99% (and am too lazy to look it uP) but there are more and more 'reports' of Community Acquired MRSA which is why there is a concern....
99% is hyperbole for "the vast, vast majority."

It just sounds better and more authoritative.

Considering that roughly 99% of MRSA infections originate in hospitals, I'm pretty certain that your ankle booboo will be fine if you pray to Jesus really hard.

Unless of course you've just had ankle surgery.

Then imaginary friends can't save you.
Hospitals and Wrestling mats.

Wrestling = male-on-male contact
Male-on-male = gay
MRSA = divine punishment against fags and fag enablers

Ask Fngr.

i dont know about 99% (and am too lazy to look it uP) but there are more and more 'reports' of Community Acquired MRSA which is why there is a concern....

That's what I'm worried about, but as of this morning I wasn't showing any signs of anything that serious. I just wanted to hear from people that had it and such while I watch to make sure this isn't the staph infection from hell.

070503094447-large.jpg
You're eating maggots, Michael.

I had contracted community-acquired MRSA back in 2005. I had surgery, was in the hospital for nine days, and then had to take Vancomycin through an IV twice a day for two months after I left the hospital. It wasn't much fun, so if you think you might have it, get it checked out as soon as possible.

I had contracted community-acquired MRSA back in 2005. I had surgery, was in the hospital for nine days, and then had to take Vancomycin through an IV twice a day for two months after I left the hospital. It wasn't much fun, so if you think you might have it, get it checked out as soon as possible.

Sounds like a long tough ordeal, you must have went home with a PICC line and had a home health RN come by?

I'm on a medical/surgical unit in our hospital and it's crazy some days how many patients require isolation precautions because of these types of infections. Remember to wash your hands boys and girls.

Sounds like a long tough ordeal, you must have went home with a PICC line and had a home health RN come by?

Yep. That's the other thing, I couldn't get the wound or my PICC line wet so I had to wear garbage bags taped to my body in the shower. That was extremely uncomfortable.

Thanks alot jerk, i too have had a scab on my ankle that was sore. Figured it was a bite of some kind. It actually kind of scabbed up and i picked it off today, i also have a sore on the floor of my mouth, under my tongue but not on it. Wonder if this could be a staph infection, hopefully not MRSA :scared:

Did you get it from playing football moogers? I somehow got mine from either the field or the locker room in college, and they pretty much had to clean and scrub every inch of the lockerroom.

Thanks alot jerk, i too have had a scab on my ankle that was sore. Figured it was a bite of some kind. It actually kind of scabbed up and i picked it off today, i also have a sore on the floor of my mouth, under my tongue but not on it. Wonder if this could be a staph infection, hopefully not MRSA :scared:
The infection can be fatal, so perhaps I have saved your life. If you happen to have MRSA and survive, you owe me your life.

Did you get it from playing football moogers? I somehow got mine from either the field or the locker room in college, and they pretty much had to clean and scrub every inch of the lockerroom.

I got this scrape on an indoor sports surface.

It is weird because it isn't getting worse or (much) better and it happened last Thursday. The other scapes I had are almost all healed, BUT this one being on my ankle my socks kept picking at it so I started putting a gauze pad over it and wrapping it.

I'm very familiar with it. There are several nurses and other medical folks here including myself, you should have posted pictures. We could have at least given you a rough assessment.

Community acquired MRSA is still rare and mainly affects people with weakened immune systems or some kinda persistent wound.

This is a meta analysis of all CA-MRSA cases by Cassandra D. Salgado
"Reports suggest that carriage of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) among persons without
health care–associated risks has increased. A meta-analysis of studies reporting the prevalence of communityacquired
MRSA (CA-MRSA) among MRSA isolates from hospitalized patients or the prevalence of MRSA
colonization among community members was conducted. The CA-MRSA prevalence among hospital MRSA
was 30.2% in 27 retrospective studies and 37.3% in 5 prospective studies; 85% of all patients with CA-MRSA
had 1 health care–associated risk. The pooled MRSA colonization rate among community members was
1.3% (95% confidence interval [CI], 1.04%–1.53%), but there was significant heterogeneity among study
populations. Community members from whom samples were obtained in health care facilities were more
likely to be carrying MRSA than were community members from whom samples were obtained outside of
the health care setting (relative risk, 2.35; 95% CI, 1.56–3.53). Among studies that excluded persons with
health care contacts, the MRSA prevalence was 0.2%. Moreover, most persons with CA-MRSA had 1 health
care–associated risk, which suggests that the prevalence of MRSA among persons without risks remains low
(0.24%). Effective control of dissemination of MRSA throughout the community likely will require effective
control of nosocomial MRSA transmission."

also depending on where infection is there are other things u can use ie in ur nose can use some bacitracin, or certain drugs if its in urinary tract etc. but for serious infections ull probly be in hospital

You're thinking of Bactroban. Not Bacitracin.

Teratos, if Jesus loves us all, why would he invent MRSA (he invented it because evolution is not real) and infect a believer with it?

Back