[MOVIES] Cloverfield and Cloverfield Lane

I know what you mean. If you watch Terminator 2 and don't know what it's about you think Arnold is the villian trying to kill John Conner.

Cloverfield Lane is a better movie overall (ending is a little excessive) but Cloverfield isn't bad. I feel like it gets a bad rap but it's definitely fun to watch.

But yeah I really liked the psychological aspect of Lane. Ending doesn't ruin it for me, I guess I just wish they did it differently

I don't even remember there being one ;o hmm

I wanna know where that fucking monster came from

Watch the flashback scene at coney island - you see a meteor/spaceship crash into the ocean behind them.

here u go

also cloverfield lane V.good movie

Last edited:
Watch the flashback scene at coney island - you see a meteor/spaceship crash into the ocean behind them.

here u go

Satellite that crashes into the water, awakes monster from underneath the ocean. Also, there were some clandestine underwater drilling operations or some shit. There was an ARG on this around the time of the movie, gave extensive background to the movie.

A few years ago I read a SciFi book called, Monsters. Earth moved through a large debris field in space which resulted in a bunch of asteroids crashing down onto the surface. This space debris was carrying with it an interesting microbe that altered the size of all living creatures except for primates.

So, hornets were as big as turkeys, dogs/wolves were as big as horses, large cats were as big as elephants, horses were bigger than elephants and elephants were as big as dinosaurs. Basically, everything became monsters and reeked havoc on the human race.

Monsters explores the importance of reading against the backdrop of dystopia.

The fallout from a passing comet contains a biological pathogen, not a virus or a living organism, just a collection of amino acids, but these cause animals to revert to the age of the megafauna, when monsters roamed Earth.

Bruce Dobson is a reader. With the fall of civilization, reading has become outlawed. Superstitions prevail, and readers are persecuted like the witches and wizards of old. Bruce and his son James seek to overturn the prejudices of their day and restore the scientific knowledge central to their survival, but monsters lurk in the dark.

A few years ago I read a SciFi book called, Monsters. Earth moved through a large debris field in space which resulted in a bunch of asteroids crashing down onto the surface. This space debris was carrying with it an interesting microbe that altered the size of all living creatures except for primates.

So, hornets were as big as turkeys, dogs/wolves were as big as horses, large cats were as big as elephants, horses were bigger than elephants and elephants were as big as dinosaurs. Basically, everything became monsters and reeked havoc on the human race.

that sounds cool
good read?

Actually, yeah. I read it in a day. Couldn't put it down.

I had the same experience with this:

VFsDPQS.jpg

cloverfield lane was pretty good, but the ending is just so fucking stupid
cloverfield is awesome after you get past the first ~30 minutes of white dudes having a party

Back