[Motorcycles] Cafe Racer or Bobber? [[Brackets]]

RebelToRumble

Veteran X
My next money sink is a 70's SOHC CB750, I'm preparing for a frame-up project.

Cafe Racer or Bobber? My taste are split. Looking for personal experience, taste, unnecessary rude comments, and educated opinions.

:wave: :sunny: :phone:

the 70's cb series would lend itself pretty well to a cafe racer and it wouldn't really take much.

You could probably even look around for a mid-late 70's kz 1000 and that would make an ass kicking cafe racer or bobber and they are relatively cheap now. kz's are monsters on the street, they were the muscle bikes of their day.

TWSig.gif

I think I'll just make whatever comes to mind as I'm going along. All the tools for an engine rebuild, welding, and metal fab are in the shop I'm using. A guy in our club has a 750 rigid frame jig already set up. Lots of possibilities. I'll make sure to update when it's worth noting my progress, I'm pretty excited about a new vehicle project.

Thanks, frens.. Cafe seems where I'm leading too. A lot more rare than your every day Vtwin bobber. Go team Honda woo woo.

Bobbers are fucking gay and sounds homosexual. Cafe racers are cool looking and probably fun, but look uncomfortable and slow compared to modern sportbikes. Not a big of classics in general..

I think I'll just make whatever comes to mind as I'm going along. All the tools for an engine rebuild, welding, and metal fab are in the shop I'm using. A guy in our club has a 750 rigid frame jig already set up. Lots of possibilities. I'll make sure to update when it's worth noting my progress, I'm pretty excited about a new vehicle project.

Thanks, frens.. Cafe seems where I'm leading too. A lot more rare than your every day Vtwin bobber. Go team Honda woo woo.

I'm not a vtwin fan even though I own one. I dont like that vtwins can't get the rpm's that inlines can. Vibrate quite a bit. Great for cruising and raw power, but just dont have the refined feel of an inline.

Back