[MLB] Randy Johnson wins #300

ever? i doubt it. there will be some freak like johnson who will come around and can be a power pitcher for 20+ years or another maddux/glavine type that can win a shitload of games with control and smarts.

i'd say that the next 300 game winner is almost certainly not an active pitcher. sabathia would have the best chance but he's too damn fat.

definitely no active pitcher will make it.

ever...yea I'll go with never again.

that's because you were stoned out of your mind from 1999-2004 when johnson was in the midst of winning 4 cy youngs

cc has to win like 18 games per year over the next 10 yrs - a feat he's done once in his career. so no, not a huge chance

well maybe he pitches into his early to mid 40s. he's got a rubber arm.

of course, another fat ass in bartolo colon was a rubber arm too but once he got that first injury he was never healthy again. sabathia's not THAT fat though.

btw did nolan ryan win a perfect game? rj is the only 300 game winner that i know of without looking it up that's got a perfect game, pretty cool

still debatable if you compare his stats at koufax's peak with rj's stats at his peak for the same # of years, also considering the eras in which they pitched.

but yes koufax was great

yeah i just looked at koufax's years from the mid 60s and compared them to johnson's years with the dbacks. pretty similar actually when you adjust for the era and park.

koufax is far superior...considering:

First Game: 06-24-1955 (Age 19)
Last Game: 10-02-1966

age at prime when he retired? 30

btw did nolan ryan win a perfect game? rj is the only 300 game winner that i know of without looking it up that's got a perfect game, pretty cool

not trying to spit on randy johnson he is a great pitcher however there were several better pitchers out there. 1 game dosent make you a good pitcher. he could have been playing one of the worst batting line ups in the course of history.

koufax is far superior...considering:

First Game: 06-24-1955 (Age 19)
Last Game: 10-02-1966

age at prime when he retired? 30

that's not even relevant. johnson was effective in his 30s (moreso than in his 20s) so he should be docked for that?

dumb.

i loved rj as an expo...mariner...and dback 1st stint...since he lost the mph on his inside slider and fastball he's been very hittable...ever since he joined the yanks roughly...his whip is pathetic...he should have at least under a 4.00 era at at&t or retire...especially now that he has his #300...

that's not even relevant. johnson was effective in his 30s (moreso than in his 20s) so he should be docked for that?

dumb.

i dont think it's dumb...i think it's a good point...i do understand what you mean but i think koufax clearly would have continued to dominate for years to come...

Back