[MEGATHREAD] Modern Warfare 2

can anyone confirm if there are any benefits for doing prestige besides more custom class slots?

I've heard rumours of gillie suits and other benefits.

can anyone confirm if there are any benefits for doing prestige besides more custom class slots?

I've heard rumours of gillie suits and other benefits.

Found this:

Does Modern Warfare 2 reward prestige mode? - Yahoo! Answers

Robert Bowling (aka fourzerotwo), the Creative Strategist at Infinity Ward, stated in the "Combat Training Experience" broadcast that there will be rewards for Prestige Mode in Modern Warfare 2, but he did not want to give away what the rewards are. I expect it will surface online soon, though. He did mention that you get to keep any accolades and titles you earn, although you will lose things like unlocked weapons and perks as you did in the first Modern Warfare.

Modern Warfare 2 Combat Training Experience

I was using a bling scar-h with red dot/silencer but recently switched to bling m16 with red dot/silencer since i just unlocked it. unstoppable :D felt cocky and increased my killstreak reward up to the pavelow and end up getting it at least once per game

I'm starting to get addicted to Scavenger. It's so annoying have limited bullet for your Bling weapons.

@ Sensi, do you have Cold Blooded or Stopping Power as your 2nd perk with M16+Silencer?

I never have a problem with ammo. I use the Scar. Bling. Red Dot/Silenced or the P90 Bling Red Dot/Silenced.
Been carrying around the stinger to shoot down enemy killstreak rewards to unlock cold blooded pro.
Different custom classes for ninja and steady aim

But my KD ratio is only around 1.1. Accuracy around 18%

Last edited:
My biggest complaint with Prestige is that you lose your challenges, there should be an option of wether or not you want to keep em. You'll lose a lot of XP gain but it's what you chose.
Because some of the challenges are so fucking dependant on dumb luck :/

do we have anyone here who's close to prestige? There's so much crap on the net I can't find any news on it. I'm only level 34

why the fuck can't i use a clan tag? every time i try something it says it's prohibited. doesn't matter if it's a curse or even "dude". jjsdhjksdgdgs

There was this guy whose PSN nick was Anal_penetration. Needless to say I called Sony right away to report him because I was deeply offended! :)lol:)

I've been torn between M4 with Silenced/red dot and the SCAR-H with ACOG and Silenced. I have them both set up but I cant decide which one I like better.

amazing defensive class for CTF

SCAR w/ shotgun attachment

Claymore or Sticky (usually go with claymore) and Stun x2
Scavenger Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Steady Aim Pro

Yes, the SCAR is using iron sights. It works amazingly well and there is no reason for a red dot or holographic for this gun.

i'm only lvl 19 or so, but i'm still partial to my FAMAS with holo sight

i think the 3 shot burst just better suits my play style

do we have anyone here who's close to prestige? There's so much crap on the net I can't find any news on it. I'm only level 34

I seriously doubt it. I have like a million experience and I'm only mid 40s. Does prestige have 10 levels too? That would take ridiculously long.

Back