[MEGATHREAD] Modern Warfare 2

Minus the IWnet snafu, this game is really good. Maps are mostly excellent, the perks and guns more balanced. Its such a damn shame that pc users have to put up with this bullshit.

too bad in MW2 that even with Cable/high-speed-dsl your character takes about 5 seconds to "actually" turn a corner and results in tons of kill cams that show you're dead in a different spot then where you actually were.

yep. this is what happens to me a lot:
turn the corner
see the enemy
get shot by the enemy
go back the way i came
stand there for half a second NOT getting shot
drop dead from what i presume is a stroke

and then the kill cam shows me not even going back the way i came. pretty annoying

campers are easily avoided by using smoke and flanking and they are easily killed with C4 through windows. I don't understand all the bitching. If it was COD4 and there was only one way to get from place to place it'd be different.

yep. this is what happens to me a lot:
turn the corner
see the enemy
get shot by the enemy
go back the way i came
stand there for half a second NOT getting shot
drop dead from what i presume is a stroke

and then the kill cam shows me not even going back the way i came. pretty annoying

this kinda happened to me last night. Was looking out the window saw a sniper i couldn't shoot at cause i had a shotgun so i turned around and ran towards stairs. all of a sudden i die and see my body roll down the stairs. I was like wtf did I get my foot caught or something lol. Then i see his kill cam and it still showed me looking out the window like an idiot. :\ I quickly left that "Server"

I agree with both of these. I liked the MW maps more but they did have choke points; however MW2 doesn't have them but promotes camping. What irks me is the guy on top of the kill meter because he camped in 2-3 spots during domination racking up kills but not really caring about the objectives.

I'm still having fun with the game, the killstreaks are really annoying.

I never play anything but team deathmatch because of this. Too many people just want to camp an objective to pad their k/d ratio.

At least in TDM you can go where you want so you get more people moving around. The objective games are usually filled with too many smacktards. I would love to play CTF, but I'm sure it would be filled with idiots like it was in WaW.

Still getting shitty pings but not as bad last night. I was on some server with these two guys doing the tactical knife marathon thing, it was hilarious when they were on my team but down right irritating when they were on the other team.

I would see the dude comeing, start shooting then the next thing I know, im dead with a knife stuck in my head. :(

For shits and giggles im going to work on getting a melee loadout. Gotta start using my secondary weapon.

Still getting shitty pings but not as bad last night. I was on some server with these two guys doing the tactical knife marathon thing, it was hilarious when they were on my team but down right irritating when they were on the other team.

I would see the dude comeing, start shooting then the next thing I know, im dead with a knife stuck in my head. :(

For shits and giggles im going to work on getting a melee loadout. Gotta start using my secondary weapon.

Yeah, too bad it takes 100 kills to get it for a pistol. Definitely not good for the K/D ratio. I guess you could use it for all close up behind kills, which would keep your ratio, but still....

it's really not difficult to get 100 pistol kills, especially on ffa

just do it with the magnum, because akimbo magnums for the second 50 kills is blindly entertaining and easy, and unless you're particularly awful, your K/D ratio will not suffer

nothing, but for people like orbital, it's an attempt to make his e-penis justify the fact that he's a mtn dew swilling canadian virgin

I'm working on getting my K/D to 2, I'm at 1.97 atm. When I get 2 I'm not gonna care anymore. I just wanted to do it.

i haven't fucked around with the m4 since the first couple days of playing, but the acr is noticeably more effective with stopping power. swapping out cold blooded can be hard to do though, depending on the situation

nothing, but for people like orbital, it's an attempt to make his e-penis justify the fact that he's a mtn dew swilling canadian virgin

It's competition, it has nothing to do with anything else. Everyone has a competitive edge, and they wouldn't have a leader board with a k/d ratio if they didn't know that people like to compete for the best ratio.

Is stopping power necessary if you are using the M4 or ACR?

I was using it on the ACR with a thermal scope. I was getting a lot of kills with that. Just make sure you have scavenger on because you will go through a lot of bullets.

Now I'm using stopping power with the famas and it's amazing. I like it better than the m16, especially silenced without a scope or red dot/holographic sight.

Back