[MEGATHREAD] Modern Warfare 2

my biggest problem is the matchup system

just about every game i join there is a group of guys with the same tag, they all get put on the same team and the game tends to be a blowout because the system is retarded, my win/loss is shit because of it.. and its these games where i spend my time trying to blow up gay vehicles and in the process i usually get knifed or some shit by one of the team stackers

that combined with game lobbies constantly being moved around/closed drives me nuts, wish there were servers.. (im playing on ps3 btw)

i just want a decent pub ffs

yeah i know, id rather play other game types than tdm though

plus i like the 12-18 games vs the 8-12 ones.. would be cool if they had a ground war choice without groups

the more i play the more i like cod4 instead of mw2

there really is no game mode that doesnt promote camping like a twatface and it makes me rage every time i play

along with shit map design this game boils the blood pretty quickly for me. there really is only like 1 out of 16 maps that doesnt have 10 different buildings to camp in.. and the fact that theres 4 maps where i need to use thermal because its fucking impossible to see people at medium/long range is retarded

at least on PC the resolution is higher so it makes it easier to see people, but damn.. i doubt ill be playing this game on 360 much longer. killstreaks + shit map design + average 360 player strats of using shotguns and other nub shit = camping ragefest

my biggest problem is the matchup system

just about every game i join there is a group of guys with the same tag, they all get put on the same team and the game tends to be a blowout because the system is retarded, my win/loss is shit because of it.. and its these games where i spend my time trying to blow up gay vehicles and in the process i usually get knifed or some shit by one of the team stackers

that combined with game lobbies constantly being moved around/closed drives me nuts, wish there were servers.. (im playing on ps3 btw)

i just want a decent pub ffs

maybe u r just bad at mw2

You do have to camp a little bit in MW2. You can do well with speed, but its a lot harder and you have to know the prime camping spots by heart (and there are a lot of them). And then you can't always do it, b/c if the other team has helis, harriers and the overpowered plane blowing things up, you will rack up like 10 deaths in a hurry. The Cold perk allows you to bypass that, but then the loss of speed really makes it easy on the campers.

So its more like a controlled advance on most maps. Advance, then camp.. Advance then camp.

Last edited:
You know what shits me, the people that just use the speed perk and run around knifing people. Like seriously, they don't stop, they just run run run stab run run run stab. It shits me.

You know what shits me, the people that just use the speed perk and run around knifing people. Like seriously, they don't stop, they just run run run stab run run run stab. It shits me.

I love doing that. Speed + marathon + commando is a great combo. You pretty much end up at the top of the leaderboard every time on smaller maps.

I run that on smaller maps (with the tac knife or akimbo shotguns), but you'll get owned against a better team that has the camp spots locked down + airsupport or if you're ping isn't solid. On the same map with that combo i've had scores like 45-6 and then things like 10-23, where I had to waste time taking out the airplanes b/c the rest of the shitty team couldn't be bothered..

the more i play the more i like cod4 instead of mw2

there really is no game mode that doesnt promote camping like a twatface and it makes me rage every time i play

along with shit map design this game boils the blood pretty quickly for me. there really is only like 1 out of 16 maps that doesnt have 10 different buildings to camp in.. and the fact that theres 4 maps where i need to use thermal because its fucking impossible to see people at medium/long range is retarded

at least on PC the resolution is higher so it makes it easier to see people, but damn.. i doubt ill be playing this game on 360 much longer. killstreaks + shit map design + average 360 player strats of using shotguns and other nub shit = camping ragefest

The map design is 1000 times better in MW2 than in COD4. The maps in COD4 were some of the worst ever designed. In COD4, the maps mostly had one central choke point where you just spammed grenades until someone won.

In MW2 you can actually move around and flank the other team. There's few spots where someone can camp and not be flanked from a different direction. I have yet to be killed by one blind grenade in MW2.

Stop running up the middle of the maps and dying. Use the flanks and you will get tons of kills.

The only thing about MW2 that is unbalanced are the killstreaks. If one team has noobs who die a lot, you're going to get spammed with sentry guns and aircraft.

now that i use the stinger and scavenger pro, i shoot down almost every enemy UAV. i love it. plus it's nice being the only one on the team shooting down choppers and harriers. more points for me :boogie:

too bad in MW2 that even with Cable/high-speed-dsl your character takes about 5 seconds to "actually" turn a corner and results in tons of kill cams that show you're dead in a different spot then where you actually were.

The map design is 1000 times better in MW2 than in COD4. The maps in COD4 were some of the worst ever designed. In COD4, the maps mostly had one central choke point where you just spammed grenades until someone won.

In MW2 you can actually move around and flank the other team. There's few spots where someone can camp and not be flanked from a different direction. I have yet to be killed by one blind grenade in MW2.

Stop running up the middle of the maps and dying. Use the flanks and you will get tons of kills.

The only thing about MW2 that is unbalanced are the killstreaks. If one team has noobs who die a lot, you're going to get spammed with sentry guns and aircraft.

I agree with both of these. I liked the MW maps more but they did have choke points; however MW2 doesn't have them but promotes camping. What irks me is the guy on top of the kill meter because he camped in 2-3 spots during domination racking up kills but not really caring about the objectives.

I'm still having fun with the game, the killstreaks are really annoying.

Back