Medieval 2: Total War demo in next PC Gamer

Walking_Man

Veteran X
Apparently some people have already recieved the next PC Gamer and it has M2:TW on the demo disc, for those of you interested.

DSC00097.jpg

And here's some screenshots of the game, mostly because I just want an excuse to whore a Total War game:
medieval-ii-total-war-20060913011023784.jpg

medieval-ii-total-war-20061004034005348.jpg

medieval-ii-total-war-20060605001714164.jpg

:drool:

Anyone know if they've done anything to improve the AI and/or multiplayer since Rome? The campaign is great fun, but I would like to play the battles against an opponent who isn't retarded.

Requirements anyone?

Also is it a good time to upgrade yet or is DX10 still the thing to wait for? ( I plan on playing many a DX10 game (hellgate london / warhammeronline)).

Archers in plate armor with chain mail? gimme a break

looks beautiful though ;o

It wasn't that rare for mercenary longbowmen or those from a noblemans bodyguard to be well equiped, and thats what I'm assuming these guys are. Anyone who could afford it wore plate - it only turns you into an immobile turtle in the movies.

It wasn't that rare for mercenary longbowmen or those from a noblemans bodyguard to be well equiped, and thats what I'm assuming these guys are. Anyone who could afford it wore plate - it only turns you into an immobile turtle in the movies.

nah, I get what you're saying but it's only true to a point. No way would a group of longbowmen be in armor like that. I realize it's a game and all, I just think it's a bit ridiculous. It sure looks fun though, i doubt my system would run it however :shrug:

nah, I get what you're saying but it's only true to a point. No way would a group of longbowmen be in armor like that. I realize it's a game and all, I just think it's a bit ridiculous. It sure looks fun though, i doubt my system would run it however :shrug:

I agree it's excessive, but it would make sense if they're an elite mercenary unit with full armor upgrades. If they all look like that then it's wrong. Better than Romes flaming pigs and roman ninjas, but still wrong. The Elephants with guns on their heads have me a lot more worried, seeing as historical elephants ran away when they heard cannons fired at all, let alone from on top of their heads.

I agree it's excessive, but it would make sense if they're an elite mercenary unit with full armor upgrades. If they all look like that then it's wrong. Better than Romes flaming pigs and roman ninjas, but still wrong. The Elephants with guns on their heads have me a lot more worried, seeing as historical elephants ran away when they heard cannons fired at all, let alone from on top of their heads.

It looked like the game might be attempting some form of realism from the pictures I saw, which is the only reason I brought it up at all. Elephants with guns? :lol: nevermind.

Back