[Loony Bin] Update

Wish Bear

Veteran XV
Been in the outpatient loonybin for a little over 3 weeks now. My Effexor has kicked in and I'm not feeling depressed anymore, but I still think about killing myself everyday. My sleeping pill (ambien) wasn't working so my psych yesterday prescribed tramadol for sleep but I don't take it till the 5th of next month. He also prescribed kolonopin for my anxiety (its VERY bad), which has kept me isolated pretty much my entire life making meeting new people impossible. Started taking it yesterday and I turned into a social butterfly for the first time in my entire life. I was talking to everyone and i wasn't shaking or stuttering or anything and i LOVED it.

I can't wait to see a therapist and start working on my problems.

Life seems to be good now. I can't wait till I'm better and I will take some of you guys up on your offer to come hang out and meet new people. I still have problems talking to girls and being....I guess forward is the right word. I can't seem to ask them out or even tell if they are flirting with me since I have zero expierience with it in my life, due to isolation. So there are a few guys at the assylum that are helping me to know if girls like me :p They are taking me out on saturday just to practice flirting. Its going to be hard though because in D&D terms i'm a paladin, or extremely old fashioned is another way of putting it, I guess I respect women too much. Must be because my older brother was the opposite and I didn't like how he treated women.

Weeee I am finally feeling happy for the first time in my life.

Love you guys.

I can't wait to see a therapist and start working on my problems.

Good to hear, for most people drugs should only be a temporary fix until the underlying issues are worked out.

I still have problems talking to girls and being....I guess forward is the right word. I can't seem to ask them out or even tell if they are flirting with me since I have zero expierience with it in my life

You've got a daughter, so there must have been one other non-related woman in your life besides her...the mother.

Good luck, and enjoy the inevitable flames.

Girls are people too.

yeah right :lol:

klonopin is pretty awesome though. An all day 'high' feeling.

PS: Are you sure you aren't bipolar? You seem to be having a manic episode?

Did you tell your shrink you have suicidal thoughts because generally I would not prescribe a cocktail of painkillers and benzos to someone unstable. No to mention that klonopin and tramadol both will cause you to have less restorative sleep.

Did something happen in your past that you are such a nervous wreck?

good luck man. sounds like you're headed in a good direction. keep focused on your goals and don't be too discouraged when you meet setbacks. it's all good!

Back