Looking for video of a busted rave...

i dunno but here's a cool pic i took at rave a few years ago

SupaPhat04.jpg

in my experience at raves, most video cameras were forbidden, and still-image cameras were strictly enforced. the chances of there being amateur video footage of this event is improbable. video from cops or reporters, however, may be easier to obtain.
but i have no idea how.

Uncle Silas said:

I never saw that thread. Something similar happened here in Memphis.
In 2004, a rave was being... Raved, at a sold-out venue. Admittedly, it was more of the stereotypical image of a rave - drugs and e-tards galore. At about 1:00am, during the peak of the party with the dancefloor hopping, A military-grade tear gas grenade was tossed in through an open door, causing the subsequent mass-puking and searing pain in the eyes of EVERYONE inside.
Half an hour later, they reopened the venue and partied till 6 in the morning. Obviously anyone going back inside after such an assault was probably a little fuxed up. The production company who threw the party has never emerged into the scene since then. Evidently they were threatened by the Memphis police force to cease throwing parties or else...

Anyway, that's the totally amazing, excellent story.
Sorry for still not actually helping you. :eek:

No worries. This is a total long shot. With that last story, it found the media rather than the other way around. I'm guessing if there was any amature footage of the cops swooping in it would've already surfaced.

I don't know if the assignment desk is sending a reporter or not so I'll just keep an ear to the track and see if anything comes along.

Rigel said:
How fucking retarded... the idiot who posts it calls it "Facism in the US." How is that facism? Are they going to tell me it was a drug free rave?

There was some confusion as to whether the proper permits where indeed present. Turns out they weren't. Also, there were some instances of alleged abuse of power (i.e., kids getting pushed around by cops). The people at the rave felt they were unjustly abused.

A few weeks ago a judge dismissed that case with prejudice because the organizers didn't have their shit together, a few of them didn't even show up in court.

Since they were idiots and didn't get it together for the judge they can't refile. So, whether they were right or wrong one thing was proven, they are lazy.

Drugs are ok because it makes you feel good, and doesn't hurt anyone. The government is pushing it down cause they don't understand.

fucking hippies

Back