Loco Hombre Off the Mexico

The ABS light is on
along with the brake light, eng light
a week ago the speedometer & mileage indicator became intermittent...

Got under the car.
The rear axle is tight. No sign of leaking.

I checked the boots and they seem good. No mess
I felt around them and they still were pliable and not to old hard
Last time I asked about that the expert mechanic just said the 4x4 hadn't been used much and needed to work in... the clacking is less than it was before I started using it,, but still there once in a while driving on the sand.

The wheel bearings is what I need to have checked/replaced yes?
Brakes are supposed to be good,,,so sensors? who needs sensors

Last edited:
The abs and brake light usually come on at the same time a wheel bearing/ sensor combo is out. But check brake fluid just to be safe, the level drops as the pads wear and you could be low. The wheel speed sensor is in the bearing assembly and when the bearing is out the sensor goes too. Computer sees one wheel is always at 0 speed, and turns off the abs.

I have seen cv axles wear out and get noisy inside a perfectly good boot. Especially on cheaply made axles like Chrysler puts in their junk, or abused vehicles.

yo sev how's it going so far?

abs lite is a reminder, it just means Always Be Surfing
brake lite is a safety feature, it is for mexico market 2 let u kno nobody has stolen ur brakes
engine lite is a safety feature, it is for mexico market 2 let u kno the car is powered by an engine not a burro

Needs to get a Baja Bug instead

zlnWFUI.jpg

Get an open top Beach Buggy style, hang the boards out the back.

I used to have a 370Z convertible, I would take it surf fishing and drive on the beach with 10ft rods hanging out the back :)

(while wearing waders)

Back