Local ATM blown up

Elantri_X

Veteran XX
Two cash machines have been blown up overnight on the New South Wales central coast.

A Fire Brigades spokesman says thieves struck the ATMs attached to banks at a shopping centre complex on the Entrance Road at Erina at around 2:00am (AEST).

Police say both attacks appear to have been unsuccessful, although one of the banks sustained extensive damage.

Scott Levi, a local ABC presenter on the central coast, passed by the shopping centre on his way to work, and says he was shocked by the amount of damage.

"It must have been a powerful blast," he said.

"It really smashed the inside [of the bank]."

It is the third ATM attack in the area in the past four months.

In January, an ATM was blown up at Morriset, while a machine at Umina was targeted in December.

ABC Central Coast NSW - Bank 'smashed' in ATM explosion

I've used this ATM a lot too, I've lost count how many atms have been blown up around me... :scared:

23/04/2009 Update
The twin explosion, which occurred around 2.15am in the front window of a Westpac Bank in Miller Street, North Sydney, believed to have netted the thieves double their usual haul, probably thousands of dollars.

It completely gutted a Westpac branch on the second floor and was enough to blow out at least eight large panes of glass..

Debris has been spread a 10 metre radius.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,27574,25373501-5006009,00.html

My local bank a few blocks from my workplace got blown up

and exclusive pics of the destruction:
nsyd_westpac_atm_1.jpg

nsyd_westpac_atm_2.jpg

nsyd_westpac_atm_3.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldnt be supprised, the last few they've blown up, they've filled them with gas and taken out half the streets windows.

So you've got exploding ATMs...

But look on the bright side: at least you're safe from guns!

Over here in Hungary they've been using vans to pull ATMs out of the wall.

I suppose it's easier to fiddle with them at home in peace than on the street.

Stealing ATMs is how it is done traditionally. blowing them up is stupid and inefficient.

Over here in Hungary they've been using vans to pull ATMs out of the wall.

I suppose it's easier to fiddle with them at home in peace than on the street.

problem is they have tracking devices in them, so unless your van is caged preventing any signals getting out or you know how to take it out before getting home, they'd be able to find you.

I don't get it, they blew up the ATM but didn't attempt to steal the contents? They just wanted to destroy them?

Last edited:
That's slightly retarded.

The polymer money melts soooo easily.

Fire + Money = stupid.

Kind regards
DrSupey

So you've got exploding ATMs...

But look on the bright side: at least you're safe from guns!

worst pro-gun argument ever, but also the most commonly used

'all these other things can kill you, so why does it matter that guns are available to any nutjob who desires them?'

'you can get killed just as easily in an accidental car crash blah blah blah'

Last edited:
I don't get it, they blew up the ATM but didn't attempt to steal the contents? They just wanted to destroy them?

It's probably because they think that blowing up the ATM's makes them open up the heavy duty safe in them. you could probably blow up the whole bank and it'd still difficult to crank open.

I'm just here to thank TribalWar for referring to them as ATM's. The media still calls them ATM machines and every time they do I hope everyone they love dies horribly.

worst pro-gun argument ever, but also the most commonly used

'all these other things can kill you, so why does it matter that guns are available to any nutjob who desires them?'

'you can get killed just as easily in an accidental car crash blah blah blah'

Word.

Guns are small, cheap, easily hidden away, insanely simple to use and deadly... All it takes is some loony to pull the trigger.

Last edited:
Back