[list of] Pentagon laser programs

Sorry Eggi, for not including you in the list of "those to be schooled." Please go to other
thread and register today. Classes begin soon!

The MTHEL program has been cancelled due to a claimed "lack of $400 million."
A dubious claim, given the billions the Pentagon has already spent.

I think the MTHEL relied on huge vats of incredibly toxic chemicals, which
made them quite dangerous to use in the field.

Last edited:
bump for apollod, CarpeIIpon, Togowhack.

You around triple and Doc Holliday? This thread is calling for you bro.

arsin
06-30-2009, 04:28 PM

arsin
06-30-2009, 10:29 PM

arsin
07-01-2009, 03:03 AM

this is clearly bump spamming and should be met with a ban

thread reported

i urge everyone reading this to report arsin to the administrators for constantly re-bumping a thread

for his own good he needs to be banned, he is clearly spamming the boards

my dad built the FXR machine at LLNL. for a time he wasn't allowed to leave the country because of what he'd seen at the Contained Firing Facility (how implosion devices for nuclear weapons work).

he was tapped to build the Shiva laser, but he decided to start his own company instead...

Last edited:
arsin
06-30-2009, 04:28 PM

arsin
06-30-2009, 10:29 PM

arsin
07-01-2009, 03:03 AM

this is clearly bump spamming and should be met with a ban

thread reported

i urge everyone reading this to report arsin to the administrators for constantly re-bumping a thread

for his own good he needs to be banned, he is clearly spamming the boards
Poor Animo. Sees Vets getting ownt and abused.
Gets upset.
Seeks revenge, notifies Beren about spam.
Beren donates an infraction to the cause (you dumb fuk)

I'll donate this for Animo
baby-crying-full.jpg

what was the point of this thread? other than to epically self-own your original arguments. What are you really trying to say with a list of laser platforms?

Well Robert Gates wants to cancel many of the laser programs not to mention a whole slew of wasteful military spending. They've all ready cancelled funding on all air based laser systems.

I guess my point was how they are wasting your tax dollars. But it has seemed to grow into showing people how poor their reading comprehension is.

MTHEL - MOBILE TACTICAL HIGH ENERGY LASER
This is the Army's holy grail. This ground based system has knocked down real live mortars and incoming artillery rounds. Now called SkyGuard
Feb 2009

Hitting an artillery piece is somewhat easier to do than having a plane ready over a silo. Further, it is one thing to have a powerful enough laser to sit in a plane and able to hit a missile from - the AF numbers are from 150 to 400 miles away.

It is quite another thing to be able to have a plane that close to a silo. You need air superiority for that.
And if you have air superiority, why not just bomb the silo's?
Sure is a helluva lot cheaper and a helluva lot easier.

You will never be close enough to intercept a rogue launch.

See what a waste of money this lolerlaserplane is?

This years defense bill including VA and military related costs: $820 Billion

Last edited:
Well Robert Gates wants to cancel many of the laser programs not to mention a whole slew of wasteful military spending. They've all ready cancelled funding on all air based laser systems.

I guess my point was how they are wasting your tax dollars. But it has seemed to grow into showing people how poor their reading comprehension is.

I've pointed out there are many excellent weapons programs that were cancelled, and there are shitloads of reasons for cancelling a program, not least of which are politics and the general state of the economy. Only an idiot can extrapolate canceling a program to mean that it doesnt or can't work.

Hitting an artillery piece is somewhat easier to do than having a plane ready over a silo. Furhter, it is one thing to have a powerful enough laser to sit in a plane and able to hit a missile from - the AF numbers are from 100 to 150 miles away.
not necessarily. a ground based system for artillery must be much smaller and has to shoot through thick and humid atmosphere. It also has much less time to acquire and shoot down its target. They are different situations.

It is quite another thing to be able to have a plane that close to a silo. You need air superiority for that.
And if you have air superiority, why not just bomb the silo's?
Sure is a helluva lot cheaper and a helluva lot easier.

You just can't stop sticking your foot in your mouth. ITS DESIGNED FOR THEATRE MISSILES YOU FUCKING DUMBSHIT. That means MOBILE LAUNCHERS like Saddam used to fire SCUDs at Israel during the first gulf war. OMG WHY DIDNT WE JUST BOMB THE LAUNCHERS? Maybe it had something to do with the fact that they were mobile and camouflaged and no one knew where they were until they launched. Gee, it would have been helpful to have a loitering laserplane plane that could shoot them down immediately instead of relying on partially modified patriot missiles eh? God you are stupid.

No point in arguing with him. Everyone thinks he is a idiot except for the occasional retard with a axe to grind(aka kint or whatever his name is).

Back