LAN event to rival CPL and QuakeCON

mda

Veteran X
I am tossing around the idea of doing an event the same size or bigger then the two mentioned in the title. Tribes would be the primary focus. Cash prizes, vendors, and whatever else.

Here is my question. What do YOU as part of the Tribes community think of this? Would you be willing to drag your computer down to Dallas for a weekend?

Lan events are nto easily managed or coordinated. UVALAN and TribalWarWest were done very well but still could have been better. These things rely on something called patrons. Those patrons need to not have their heads in their butts regarding tourney schedules, etc.

Good luck with your effort and you better start planning now because come July, the two premium events in our little world, CPL and UVA, both occur at that time. You won't get anyone considering most hardcore personnel will be at one or both of those events. We had members attend both. You get what I am saying?

Cheater said:
I am tossing around the idea of doing an event the same size or bigger then the two mentioned in the title. Tribes would be the primary focus. Cash prizes, vendors, and whatever else.

Here is my question. What do YOU as part of the Tribes community think of this? Would you be willing to drag your computer down to Chantilly, VA for a weekend?

fixed

The event is not ment to try and compete with others. That would be stupid to do. We where thinking about having it in the spring. There doesn't seem to be much going on then.

Unless you're the richest jerk I know, you're gonna need some major sponsors. You can't just decide to do something like this.

No I am not rich. However, I do have plenty of contacts with major manufacturers and a company that has expressed ALOT of intrest. In other words, I can make things happen.

Back