[kickstarter] USA vs Japan - Giant Robot Fight

Our robot is basically a modified bull dozer. The japanese robot looks like it would break instantly.

if it was just blowing shit up we would stand a chance

damn japs hate explosives

now that it involves melee combat...control systems...speed and precision

we are going to get our shit kicked

gg hf good luck

That Japanese one looks like all tech with no back bone, shit's probably made out of fiberglass to cut down on weight :lol:

Until we can polish up the robotic agility technologies enough and incorporate them into larger robots, why even bother? Putting the fuckin things on tank treads defeats the whole purpose.

I'd rather they just did like Robot Wars but with full sized 3+ ton sized wheeled or tracked remoted tanks with armor and cutting blades and shit going at it in destruction derby mode.

This fight vs. Japan is going to be lame. I'm calling it now. A couple of limp wristed slappy homos would have a more interesting bout.

Last edited:
Hopefully this turns out to be cool but I can see Skittle's point. This might end up being extremely anticlimactic.

I will Pilot the beast for the U.S
Only if real ammunition can be used.
ODIN demands no less!

Autodesk is struggling in the mechanical engineering industry, not surprised to see them trying to own this project. It looks like they have operators inside the robots. Are they going to get hurt? Why is the mark 1 robot they built made out of steel? no wonder it's top heavy and can't move. How hard would it have been to at least make it out of aluminum to look like steel?

pisses me off to see amateurs being the innovators, and only then the professionals get involved because they see an opportunity for PR, when it should the the pros starting these projects with a reasonable budget and getting it right the first time.

Back