Just got some malware. Probably from here.

Adobe products and Java exploits are two of the highest targets for blackhats right now. Keep that shit updated, yo.

And don't use IE.

That's why I use adblock even on TW. I'd like to support the site, but I've already contributed and it's not worth risking a virus from one of the banners.

Solution: open adobe reader preferences. Disable javascript in pdf documents.

When have you EVER needed to read a PDF that used javascript in some manner? Only when you needed that virus today.

I do loath how often adobe reader updates by the way. What a turd.

It could be worse. They could be like apple. Every other day, an update notification annoys you. If you click through to update and get it over with, it installs a trial of photoshop and dreamweaver. It then annoys you every 30 minutes to upgrade to the "full version." It also runs some special adobe stuff at startup to keep annoying you. If you ever disable the annoying thing and use flash player or adobe reader in the future, it automatically starts the annoying thing up again.

i got it too--about 20 minutes ago. ran system restore and it looks like it's gone.
was annoying though because im watching the cards game in WMC

FYI...

I just got a virus about an hour or two ago. I wasn't doing anything expect lurking the forums.

It started out with an Acrobat error. I went into task manager, and some sort of A3D process running.
Then, a fake malware scanner popped up.
By then, I shut down and scanned. It came up with Win32\Alureon.H, and Java\Clagent.A (these are the definitions from the windows security essentials scanner).
After cleanup, IE was inoperable, so I had to reset all settings.

I'm not sure what to blame. Possibly an out of date Java or Acrobat.

But anyway - be careful out there.

that's strange, i got the same things yesterday... i think a guy named reup in mirc linked a youtube video to grand theft auto and then i got attacked by adobe error and malware

Like stated before... It's the ads. TW doesn't have control over what is shown on the ads. It is based off of keywords in the thread and your cookies, if I understand it all correctly.

FYI...

I just got a virus about an hour or two ago. I wasn't doing anything expect lurking the forums.

It started out with an Acrobat error. I went into task manager, and some sort of A3D process running.
Then, a fake malware scanner popped up.
By then, I shut down and scanned. It came up with Win32\Alureon.H, and Java\Clagent.A (these are the definitions from the windows security essentials scanner).
After cleanup, IE was inoperable, so I had to reset all settings.

I'm not sure what to blame. Possibly an out of date Java or Acrobat.

But anyway - be careful out there.

Hm, maybe THIS is where I got that fucking Infostealer virus. Even using FF and NoScript. I've also had gear and shit get disabled. Yesterday it was my network connection, now I can only surf at work

If it isn't a physical cable problem then it was virus related.. for fuck's sake, ditch these goddamn java ads.

FUCK

Uninstall Java you stupid nerdvirgins.

Disable JavaScript in adobe products.

FF+NS

No, you do not need to dowload and run setup.exe to watch that YouTube video.

Back