[JOB] Bestbuy

Quaduce

Veteran XX
There is a Bestbuy opening up soon in my city and im thinking about getting a job there. I dont have much retail experience, i worked at futureshop for about 6 months but had to quit cuz it conflicted with my classes and they wernt very flexable with my hours.

Just wondering if anyones worked there/know people that have worked there and if it would be a good job. There is also a chili's opening im probbly going to apply for evening bartender, and im kinda wondering the same thing about that. I'm in a smaller city in Canada, iv never been to either franchise and know almost nothing about them other than commercials on tv.

HMMM???

I've never heard of a single positive experience from anyone who's ever worked at a best buy

I knew a guy in high school who became the local Best Buy's first computer tech (years before Geek Squad existed). He was 17 and put in charge of people 30+ years old, ended up promoted to regional management. I haven't talked to him since my college days but he was on his way to being one of those people that legitimately works their way up a major corporate ladder.

so you're deciding between being a bartender (even if it's at a shithouse like chilis) or selling cordless telephones to geriatric fucks?

so you're deciding between being a bartender (even if it's at a shithouse like chilis) or selling cordless telephones to geriatric fucks?

Are you answering my question in the form of another question?

What city?

Saskatoon.

Like i said i dont know much about either franchise so id like some input as to if these are good places to work for a temp job till maybe late sept-early aug.

Pick neither and move out of Saskatchewan.

But probably bartending if you have any experience. Tips, usually hot women working, etc.

Never worked at Chilli's but most franchise restaurants are the same - it really depends on the type of boss/co-workers you have as to whether or not it is a good place to work at.

ok if you seriously can't answer your own question by thinking about it, obviously the bartending gig is better, as that experience could also help you with any number of bartending jobs regardless of where you move. retail experience from best buy won't help you nearly as much

Both are generic crappy places to work.

Bar tending has the ability to move to better restaurants/clubs and tips are a good thing.
low end retail? Well, you can move up to...? MORE LOW END RETAIL!

also the bartending job is good for people who are social extroverts, and if you're not, a queer bartending job at chili's can at least move your needle to being halfway normal around others

You will hate it.

Maybe not at first, but soon... and for the rest of your life.

I just quit my bartending job @ a busy nightclub here. I averaged anywhere between $100-$200 on shitty nights and $300-400 a night on good nights. On nights like new years its a gerentee $500+. So ya the moneys good.

I'v just been wanting a change of pace, the hours suck its like 7-4 am, never have weekends off and no real social life besides the wiggers gangsters and drug dealers that sit at my bar.

Back