Jihadi John strikes again.

as we slip further towards world war and the death of a planet

I don't think this is going to cause WWIII. Most countries are happy to let Israel manage its own affairs. The USA and the UK have excepted themselves from this policy because they view Israel as a country that needs saving. The rest of the world, of course, can go to hell.

Well - the writing is on the wall with 40 countries signed up to support action. I think a bunch of these douchebags are going to go down soon. Unexpectedly. Attacked from the air and on the ground. It's coming. Vengeance is coming with Retribution riding shotgun. Hunker down fucks. Hunker down. The giants stir and the smell of your blood is their noses.

They're beheading American and English journalists. It's atrocious, sick, and deplorable but it's not going to cause WWIII, as much as the American right would like it to.

I think every major world event in the last 25 years, has got someone from the Republican party, or more lately the Tea party declaring that it's the beginning of another world war. Instead of a world war, what happens is the USA and the UK start military strikes, with limited or no support from other countries. Do you think that if we weren't actively aiding Israel, and hadn't gone into the middle east in the first place that this would be happening? I don't see ISIS beheading many Dutch or Belgian journalists. Terrorists didn't drive aircraft into the Eiffel Tower or the Shanghai World Financial Center.

You guys always declare the beginning of World War 3, time will tell if you're right.

is there something in the koran that tells them not to record the actual beheading? or are they editing it out of kindness to our western sensibilities?

They're beheading American and English journalists. It's atrocious, sick, and deplorable but it's not going to cause WWIII, as much as the American right would like it to.

I think every major world event in the last 25 years, has got someone from the Republican party, or more lately the Tea party declaring that it's the beginning of another world war. Instead of a world war, what happens is the USA and the UK start military strikes, with limited or no support from other countries. Do you think that if we weren't actively aiding Israel, and hadn't gone into the middle east in the first place that this would be happening? I don't see ISIS beheading many Dutch or Belgian journalists. Terrorists didn't drive aircraft into the Eiffel Tower or the Shanghai World Financial Center.

You guys always declare the beginning of World War 3, time will tell if you're right.

like how you blame the right....

just what we need more blame to go around.

of course the dems were all up in arms about arming terrorists when we did it back in the 80s in afghanistan, and we know how that turned out.

which is odd because the dems are the ones arming the terrorists this time in libya and syria and now we are in it again.

maybe we should just blame our government as a whole instead of picking sides and yelling at each other, and demand our government back the fuck off as one voice?

Or are you THAT fucking stupid vanster to just keep pointing the finger?

why is everyone saying www3 in relation to the iraq situation.

www3 if anything would have to do with the ukraine situation.

like how you blame the right....

just what we need more blame to go around.

of course the dems were all up in arms about arming terrorists when we did it back in the 80s in afghanistan, and we know how that turned out.

which is odd because the dems are the ones arming the terrorists this time in libya and syria and now we are in it again.

maybe we should just blame our government as a whole instead of picking sides and yelling at each other, and demand our government back the fuck off as one voice?

Or are you THAT fucking stupid vanster to just keep pointing the finger?

Am I the only one that is sickened by these 3 beheadings? I feel awful for the victims in this, and their families. The whole thing makes me queasy. The vibe I get from the far right is they really kind of like this sort of thing, because now we have a reason to go to war, they think. It's all vengeance, revenge, retribution, blood is going to be spilled, blah blah blah. It was the same after 9/11. There wasn't any feelings of grief, nothing like that. Just "woo hoo, lets go nuke some ragheads." I don't understand that kind of reaction, I never have.

No pointing fingers, then. What I DO support is strikes on military targets that our intelligence is very sure about. Possibly send special forces in, as long as the confidence is very high about the target. I don't think that imprisoning / torturing the people that are doing this is going to be productive, as it just fuels the people that think like them. They need to just taken out, but surgically. Carpet bombing civilians in the hopes of "gittin areselves a terrist" didn't work the last 2 times, and it's not going to work now. There has to be a lot of fact-gathering done, find out who and where they are, and then take them out.

They get that way when they get old and the mind starts to go.

Best to just nod and smile until they start to tell you about the old days again.

Back