Jesus fucking Christ

Ddrakon

Veteran XV
Disclaimer: this is mostly to vent - lots of whine included.

So like, I got my Hunter's S4 bow and 1h axes last week and started working on my warrior's 2v2 to get the rating for the s4 mace since I have a bunch of points saved up. However, since I saved up the points and it's an alt, he's kinda undergeared compared to pretty much everything we're fighting. Also, I play on a very small battlegroup so there may be around 1-4 teams queuing around 2k during fucking prime time. Not to mention it's infested with double dps.

Thus, once you reach 1900ish, you get to the point where you only get 7-12 points per win, but you lose a good 17-26. Oh, have I mentioned that because of these horrible queue times, the vast majority of the top 50 teams reroll all the time?

So anyways, we first reached 2k on the first day with like a 36-2 record. That's when the shit hit the fan. bm/rogue, rogue/mage, sp/rogue (all with pve gear), war/sham with s4 weaps who healdrink all the time. We keep getting retarded teams like this and trade wins until we end up tanking it down to 1920ish. We call it a night at that point.

The next day, we decide to queue up to see what's up... rogue/mage, hunter/restokin, gladiator shadow priest with a 4/4 rogue and glaives who take 24 points from us, etc etc. We're down to 1855 at this point and the morale is rather low.

Fast forward to today... we farm some bad war/sham and rogue/druid back up to 1950ish. Then, we go 3-1 against a rogue/mage and beat a rogue/priest twice (both these teams were giving little points and taking lots). We're around 2k at that point. We beat a reroll war/sham with s4 shoulders after 17 mins for 8 points, then go 1-1 with a lock/druid. Still around 2015 at this point. Then, we win two games against a different lock/druid team and, surprisingly enough, they give us some good points! After the second win, we're at 2051!

... except our PR is at 2048. GJ blizzard, awesome mechanic is awesome.

Next game, we fight the same lock/druid, but this time it's in blade's edge. For those not familiar with that map, if they get 1 CC off, the druid drinks. Not to mention that my warrior is undergeared, so he can drink anyways because I'm not putting enough pressure. We end up losing because my druid is oom, back down to 2036. Then, we fight the OTHER lock/druid team, AGAIN in blade's edge. Much quicker loss since the druid is dreamstate and they're really good with rotating cyclones and starfire/shadowbolt as my cyclone ends.

So we call it a night once again and log out frustrated. It's really retarded how frustrating 2v2 is on such a small battlegroup, especially with inferior gear compared to your opponents. You can play much better than them and still lose because you lack the pressure. We're at like 105 games now at 2022 (2019 PR lawl) and I hope we can finally get it done tomorrow.

For comparison's sake, I got weapon on my hunter running hunter/restokin with a 42-7 record. PR and TR matched.

Cliffs
Wall of text to show how annoying 2v2 can be

Lol, did some games today and this is what we got:

2x rogue/druid (both with s4 shoulders)
2x war/druid (druid with full s4, warrior with better gear than mine)
rog/mage (rogue with pve gear)
rog/lock (you guessed it, pve gear)
mage/restosham (YAY 3 POINTS)
rogue/priest (YAY 8 POINTS)

down to 1980ish yay!

So we call it a night once again and log out frustrated. It's really retarded how frustrating 2v2 is on such a small battlegroup, especially with inferior gear compared to your opponents. You can play much better than them and still lose because you lack the pressure. We're at like 105 games now at 2022 (2019 PR lawl) and I hope we can finally get it done tomorrow.

wat

sounds to me like they played better than u

How do you lose because of mana vs. lock/druid?

Felhunters are incredibly easy to kill with a warrior (even with trash gear) and voidwalkers die pretty easy too with a druid helping. Not to mention you hardly have to spend any mana without MS.

Sham/war can't heal-drink if you actually hit them every once in a while! They should be struggling to keep somebody up pretty much the entire match if you play it right anyways. (don't just train one)

Sounds to me like you use gear as an excuse whenever you lose. I started playing my druid in S4 with full S1 gear. My partner would cry every time we lost and try to blame it on my lack of gear, but in reality we lost because we got outplayed. Sure, if I had 300 more healing we might win a few on gear alone, but that's a crutch.

I still have 150 less healing than his alt druid, but who gives a shit. When we lose to full S4 teams at 2150 it's because we fucked up.

I'm still wearing my S1 shoulders out of principle alone!

you really need to transfer to bg9/bloodlust... you'll have instant pops with different teams well past 2000... except you'll be lucky to hold a 1700 rating.

ah, the advantages of a small battlegroup. i'm on rampage and it sounds a lot harder than whatever you're on.

I'm transferring to rampage this Tuesday actually.

I don't see how always getting the same teams who have the upper hand over war/druid (especially if war is badly geared) is an advantage, but whatever lol.

we'll see if this BG elitism is true. the top players in our BG had no problems getting top 10 on ruin/rampage within a week of their transfer, so yeah.

you really need to transfer to bg9/bloodlust... you'll have instant pops with different teams well past 2000... except you'll be lucky to hold a 1700 rating.
yeah.. I play warrior as well and my druid partner and I are stuck at 1800-1840 on bg9 (bloodlust). It is really a pain in the ass, I am thinking about picking up my s3 weapon now cause I still use storm herald.

Back