[Italy] Milan

TF_Grungir

Veteran XV
Any recommendations for restaurants or pubs/bars?
Keep in mind I'm old (looking for ambiance not beep beep shit)
I'll be there for a couple days this week.
Having pints in Southampton atm :)

Luini panzerotti - near the cathedral. Lines out the door during lunch hour but they move fast, the food isn't super expensive, and its damn good.

There are a bunch of bars/restaurants along the canals in the southwest of the city - along Alazaia Naviglio Grande. If you don't have an idea where to go, that area is a solid choice. You can look up Il Forno Dei Navigli - its a decent bakery right on the edge of the whole thing. Surprisingly good cannoli.

Any recommendations for restaurants or pubs/bars?
Keep in mind I'm old (looking for ambiance not beep beep shit)
I'll be there for a couple days this week.
Having pints in Southampton atm :)

Places around the duomo are pretty safe if you dont have much time

near duomo is tourist crap

The idiom that stuff near landmarks are always tourist crap needs to die. You dont always need to go three blocks down into that third back alley you read about on a travelblog to eat 'authentic' or whatever buzzwords people like to use.

no, I don't think you always do. In Italy, particularly, I found every place on the tourist trail was pretty fucking bad though.

Weird i had the opposite experience when i was there. Generally I seldomly go out of my way to find a special place when im on vacation. And im pretty much always happy with the quality of my meals. Maybe i got the palate of a redneck

near duomo is tourist crap

I would agree as to most of the stuff near there. I had a very hard time finding anything that I would bother for lunch. The place I quoted was being frequented by everybody, not just tourists, and a nice quick bite.

My general rule of thumb in Italy that if they have some guy yelling at you to come in, or are using a sign to advertise crap you find in olive garden, keep walking.

There's a pretty good Chinese food place down one of the side alleys in Venice.

Milan: minimize your time near the central train station there's a bunch of Somali immigrants/refugees (all males) hanging out in the park that's right next to it. Don't forget to twirl on that bull's testicles.

Last edited:
Back