[IT] Question

Shamble

Veteran X
I'm looking for a program or instructions on how to automate an office xp installation (automatically put in CD-Key, install updates, drivers, etc.). I know there are programs out there for xp, 2000, 98 etc. but not for office. Does anyone know how to do this?

This begs the question: Why are you installing so Office so much that you need to automate the entire process?

setup.exe /a

for administrative install. It'll create an install point which you can then navigate to over the network to run the install.

You've obviously never worked in an office (IT wise anyway).

Wow, guess you told me. Then again, I prefer to use my obviously deficient skills creating a complete system image that makes an automated Office install unnecessary. Or, heaven forbid, using an appropriate Systems Management Server to centralize the entire software deployment process.

Care to try again?

Wow, guess you told me. Then again, I prefer to use my obviously deficient skills creating a complete system image that makes an automated Office install unnecessary. Or, heaven forbid, using an appropriate Systems Management Server to centralize the entire software deployment process.

Care to try again?

winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by crouton View Post

Care to try again?
winner

No, he's a retard, and so are you. Never ever put extra apps directly on your image, this is what SMS is for. And then you still fucking need silent installs with SMS... it's not some magic tool. So the previous answer is still correct. With the tool Revulsion has linked you create your transform, you deploy using SMS or if that is not available even psexec.

Care to try again?

System images shouldn't contain software. The more software you have on an image the more you have to update it because the software on the image gets outdated.

While an SMS server is great, it is not needed to create an automated office install. SMS is great for the software that doesn't have the ability for automation.

Thanks, I will SMS.

Don't just for office. Get the office resource kit and read about administrative installs and deployment. Then deploy the software via group policy and you are done.

Once you learn this, deploying software will get much easier for you because a lot of software can be installed like this.

SMS is a ton more than just Packages and advertisements..I am interesting in seeing the new configuration manager.

Back