Is Viva Pinata fun?

PeuswahBoy

Veteran XV
I'm looking for a 360 game to get that the kids will enjoy. They love Animal Crossing, and this one looks similar. Anyone play this?

It's pretty interesting but I never got all that much into it. I think I'll pick it up again and make a garden that my enemies will fear.

Is it similar to Animal Crossing?

I guess it is in that you can customize your garden like you could your house in AC and as you progress you get larger gardens, but in Viva Pinata you're mostly playing God rather then bumming around trying to pay of your loan shark.

Yes, it's fun to play. Lots of cute graphics and sounds. My four year old absolutely loved it. Of course I don't want him to end up a nerd geek boy (like me) so I don't let him play it anymore.

the demo lets you play for the entire game but won't let you save, so once you quit you lose your garden.

my 360 was on for about 12 hours while playing the demo. just on and off throughout the day, but i didn't want to lose all my work :(. maybe i'll pick it up sometime cuz it should be cheap now.

I love viva pinata. just biding my time until my computer gets upgraded so i can play it on here for freeeeee

unless it isnt moddable. Then i'll just get it for 360 again

Nothing like Animal Crossing.

The game starts off easy and fun but it gets really complicated and HARD after a while. To ap oint where advancing and unlocking new garden features is tedious.

my garden looked awesome and was very practical. I had pepper farms with gatherers and all kinds of fruit and veggie plots.

Homes came and went and I got a good sized population. The bad critters i unlocked were awful and i just ... it got to the point where i felt it was tedious!

Also, I forgot to mention, you can make a fenced in area into a little battle arena and put pinatas that hate each other in a fight to the death.

Back