Iraq weather question

Seraph

Veteran XV
I have a cousin who is stationed in Iraq and my mother is wondering if he would like some hot coco mix in his holiday gift box she's sending him. I really don't know what kind of weather they get except for what I can read in the CIA factbook and that just stay the North gets heavy snow. I know there are a few guys here that have been in Iraq and possibly some that have been there over the winter, so if your family sent you a gift box would you have liked some coco mix?

Yeah, I can't remember exactly what else we're sending but here's what I can remember

Big pack of chewing gum
Marshmellows (he said in a letter they like to roast them at night)
shaving cream
deodorant
twizzlers (favorite candy)
cans of mixed nuts
and some other stuff I can't remember.

My military friends have mentioned that mixing cocoa mix with those MRE crackers and some water is supposed to make something that resembles chocolate pudding.

My point is, there's probably something he can do with it even if it's not cold enough to make hot chocolate with.

cocoa mix would be good. It does get pretty cold at night in the winter. The trick would be finding hot water. It maybe easy to get, or it might to a pain to get depending on his situation.

Shaving Cream & Deodorant? WTH? I'd have thought those sorts of basic supplies would be... well.. supplied?

BTW, Hot cocoa comes in a few of the MREs. It would probably be best to get him something he can't normally get.

Back