I'm watching the falcons game from the UK and...

Lobster

Contributor
Veteran XV
There's an advert for a ford car where the car drives around a mountain road, suddenly it crashes through a barrier and into thin air, and keeps going. The features are reeled off as this happens.

In small print at the base of the screen it says: "Dramatisation - do not attempt - car cannot fly"

Does this sort of thing happen often in US ads or is this just a joke?

We actually have some cars that can fly. Just watch commercials with other cars, if they do not say they cannot fly then they are able to fly. It's an american law that they have to post they can't fly.

Come over and try, drive one off a cliff.

its in every commercial where things happen
or "do not attempt - professional whatever"

We actually have some cars that can fly. Just watch commercials with other cars, if they do not say they cannot fly then they are able to fly. It's an american law that they have to post they can't fly.

Come over and try, drive one off a cliff.

I figure anything I rent from Avis could fly, due to the name.

Not so keen to try cars from Hertz...

The warnings are on everything.

We have steam pipes that have warnings to not put your tongue on them.

flying-car-m400.jpg

WARNING> DO NOT STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TURBINE

IN FACT DONT STICK ANY PART OF YOUR BODY IN THE TURBINES

IN FACT DONT FUCK WITH THE TURBINES IN ANYWAY OR WITH ANYTHING

American adverts usually have to real off about 50 lines at the end so people can't sue them for inproper use lol

one of the few times i've ever had the displeasure of needing to move through london on the underground, i pissed myself laughing at the warning sign on each end of the trains telling you that it was fucking dangeous to hang off the outside of the drivers capsule

Back