If the US doesn't uphold it's promises...

Chia_Pet

Veteran X
Why should ANY of our allies believe we will protect them or come to their aid?
We get involved in countries like Syria, with whom we have no agreements whatsoever, nor are they our allies. With the Ukraine, Georgia, etc we leave to rot??

Do people not understand the huge repercussions of not upholding our responsibilities?

If I were Taiwan, I'd be VERY afraid.

obama's a tyrant! he's changing the constitution
obama's a pussy! he doesnt' do anything in office.
obama's a war monger! we have no business in being in syria
obmam's a mom jean wearer! why aren't we in russia

Obama is a pussy when it comes to other countries. He can use his power and government to fuck with Americans though.

Are you actually saying that acting hip and cool to the college kids does not translate to being experienced in foreign diplomacy?

What do you MEAN Obama looks like a weak fucking nub on the global circuit?

the usa is not the world's police

they are a country drowning in debt

why spend money on shit that doesnt benefit you?

it would be great if you could just bill a country after bailing them out. except for some reason it's worse, you send them money after saving them.

im with pagy and tele on this one, let the ukraine rearm with nuclear weapons and sort it out themselves

the usa is not the world's police

they are a country drowning in debt

why spend money on shit that doesnt benefit you?

it would be great if you could just bill a country after bailing them out. except for some reason it's worse, you send them money after saving them.

well, for starters, it sets a precedent for any future treaties. If we dont uphold and keep our promises, why would anyone enter into a treaty?

At this point, regretfully, its not about whether we should or shouldnt be there. by our own promises we should be. we asked the ukraine to give up nukes in trade for assurances that they would not be invaded by russia.

They upheld their end, and we did not.

sadly with the way our government has been run, I cannot blame americans for not wanting to be involved, however it doesn't mean we shouldn't be either.

This was the basis for the cold war that most people cant even fathom.

America put up a fight at every chance in order to make communist expansion costly. whether we won or not wasn't as important as putting up hard resistance at every chance.

right now Putin doesn't see ANY reason to stop. I bet within 4 years he will be invading another country.

And with our hamstrung response, Im willing to bet China gets alot more aggressive too.

Right, wrong, or indifferent, If we dont stand up to these countries, nobody else will.

maybe kazakhistan and belarus should join in as well

and all the other states the us has agreements with like south korea, japan, and singapore can get in on the nuclear party after all MAD is a rational doctrine, game theory says so

This is what you get when you have a homo loving, mom jean wearing liberal hippie Muslim as President. *rabble rabble rabble*

Back