I wish to lodge a complaint against United Aerospace Corporation

Ratbert90 said:
According to the prospectus released last April, UAC produces a wide range of technologically advanced weaponry, space freighters, and scientific equipment such as the touch screen LCD which never gets dirty regardless of what sewage processing station you toss it into

But aparently the corporation manufacture not a single thing besides those rusty red barrels which explode when shot. You may find such barrels spaced 10 inches apart every 10 inches of their highly futuristic space station of the future, assuming you have been equipped with a janitorial-strength barrel-spotting flashlight.
Boy, you sure know how to keep the comedy coming!

Ratbert90 said:
You just like the game so much that anybody posting anything about it makes you angry.

if you read my post in the other doom thread on the front page you would know that I haven't really liked the game all that much. So nope, wrong assumption.

I knock Doom 3 cause it didn't grab me like other games recently.. Far Cry I played through more than 3 times.. D3 I quickly got bored with..

Kurayami said:
In the future you carry around a fusion reactor on your back.
BUT you can't use your jetpack for more than 30 seconds at a time.

In the future you have a chaingun.
BUT it has a lower rate of fire than the hand-cranked gatling guns used in WWII.

In the future Tribes do battle without any sort of star ships or mechs because they lack the ability to maintain them.
BUT they have absolutely no difficulty maintaining their highly complex armors and man-portable reactors.

Etc.

You people are nit-picking about Doom's "logic" because it's the popular thing to do. If you're going to bitch about that, you'd damn well better start bitching about Tribes.

great point on the chaingun. i really wish that fucker would do the superhighspeed projectile shit you see in black hawk down...

Kurayami said:
You people are nit-picking about Doom's "logic" because it's the popular thing to do. If you're going to bitch about that, you'd damn well better start bitching about Tribes.

I won't nitpick its logic. It does what it does well, and its pretty most of the time. Who cares if its the popular thing to do to criticize the game? If its a lame game, then alot of people are going to criticize it - it doesn't make the people who love the game indie or wrong or something. They just like something others don't. Take OFP for example.

But its not the groundbreaking, industry revitalizing game everyone said it would be. I liked Max Payne and other short sweet single player games, and I had a tendency to go back and play certain fun levels multiple times. The combat was interesting and dynamic. But after playing Doom 3 once, I have no urge to go back and play it again. Everything is in the same spot and reacts to what you do the same way every time.

When a game comes out running on the Doom 3 engine that runs with adequate performance without everything being pitch black 75 percent of the time, and has combat that I haven't played in 200 games before, I'll be impressed with what ID has done. I just hope Quake 4 isn't Doom 3 on Stroggos.

I am so ahead of the curve, I was criticizing Doom 3 back when it was first announced.

Fool said:
I am so ahead of the curve, I was criticizing Doom 3 back when it was first announced.

Too cool for school. I'll bet you listened to the Offspring before they were popular too. Oh and Korn too. But now they suck because they're mainstream. :)

vet23.jpg

!

Back