I understand people like their Apple stuff but damn

I like Apple products. I do not like their price tag. Therefore, I do not own apple products aside from my phone which is only the case because it was the cheapest smart phone Verizon had to offer at the time.

I was actually hoping to see it with the retina screen and new processor at that price. I know it's someone's opinion, just did not expect a review like this from them. Meh.

Serious question then, did they just tell all of their (Apple) fans that the new processor is not needed? Otherwise, the mini won't be able to run half the shit coming down the pike that is written for the new proc.

i think there's enough casual users for a new processor to not matter (ie consumers such as myself)

I guess that could be true. Just seems like a step backwards. And to be honest, I had not kept up with the mini because I thought it would have similar specs to the other newer stuff.

I really just thought the review was just fucking lopsided. Most sites are giving the mini good reviews without straight up jerking Apple's dick. Guess just did not expect it from Engadget, then again, it's the interweb :p

it is a giant step backwards

apple's products are probably going to be shit in the next 5 yrs, hence why u see samsung making a huge push

It's almost like they are fragmenting their own devices. The same thing they pointed out about Android devices. How can you write for the bigger and better proc when you just pushed something with a 2 generation old proc. I understand what you are saying about the casual people but they buy games and stuff too.

It's almost as if they think you'll buy this one and the next one too.

I like my electronics, this is true, but I doubt I will buy another Apple item. I like my Android stuff too much at this point. I like being able to make it suit my needs, not being told what suits me. That's how I feel Apple operates anyway. I understand they are both basically tied to their respective entities but Apple is more so.

Back